Vintage Omega Watch help

Good evening everyone!

It is going to be my first post here. I would really appreciate any help and insights from the fellow Omega enjoyers worldwide. The thing is I have an older Omega in my possession. It is a vintage wristwatch that has been passed on to me from my father and to him from his father and from him to his father, so that makes me 4th generation owner and this watch has been in our family for the past 100 years. Unfortunately it was very neglected and is in a bad shape, nevertheless it is still a working piece, all you have to do is wind it and it will run. So nowadays I am considering to send it to Omega in Switzerland for a complete restoration, however before doing so I would like to understand what value it holds. The folks in the boutique couldn’t tell me much and my internet searches left me empty handed too. Perhaps anyone recognises this model and could offer any insight as to its year/collection/value? I will attach a picture. I don’t know if you can see, but on the bottom of the dial it has PRIMA. I searched online for it, but couldn’t find any matches. I would be extremely grateful for any information. Thanks everyone in advance!

Can you post more and better photos from various angles with the strap removed. Photos of the inside would also be especially helpful.

IMG_3974.jpeg IMG_3973.jpeg IMG_3972.jpeg IMG_3971.jpeg
Can you post more and better photos from various angles with the strap removed. Photos of the inside would also be especially helpful.

I'm inclined to think it's a converted small PW or a re-cased PW, but it would be nice to confirm how much of it is from Omega. If you can get photos of the movement and the inside of the case (clearly showing any stamps or engraving), you will probably get some definitive answers. I'm not sure you really want to send it to Omega in any case, but before deciding, you really need to figure out what you have.

Also, food for thought. Assuming that the watch has seen some modification over the years, what do you think you would want done to it, by Omega or elsewhere? This is the form in which the watch was passed down in your family.

I'm inclined to think it's a converted small PW or a re-cased PW, but it would be nice to confirm how much of it is from Omega. If you can get photos of the movement and the inside of the case (clearly showing any stamps or engraving), you will probably get some definitive answers. I'm not sure you really want to send it to Omega in any case, but before deciding, you really need to figure out what you have.

Also, food for thought. Assuming that the watch has seen some modification over the years, what do you think you would want done to it, by Omega or elsewhere? This is the form in which the watch was passed down in your family.

Thanks for the info! Seems like I will take it to the shop to take a look inside, will share the photos. Actually I was considering their option of complete restoration with 24 months warranty and a new case, if they will sign up for it. The prices are steep, boutique assistant mentioned it’s 3,000€+ investment. I always thought to myself that one day I will make this watch shiny and clean once again. But obviously still considering just letting it be the way it is, as I can hardly see myself wearing it. It’s sort of a boyhood dream that I had since getting it for my 18th birthday 10 years ago, just want to pass it on to my son in a better state that I got it.

The thing that amazes me is that it still runs and rather precisely. The last service it’s seen was in the 1990s. It really is an amusing old thing.

Prima may have been the name of the jeweler that did the trench watch conversion and sold it.

Because of the condition it's only worth a couple hundred as parts.