Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega Watch - 1944 to 1947 -Please help me to identify the model of this Vintage Omega Watch

1. off_subject Sep 30, 2017

Hello all!

I am new to this forum first of all, so if I don't appear to be following guidelines; please let me know!

I am selling an Omega Chronometer Automatic watch on behalf of a family friend and would massively appreciate some advice to what the model is or possible worth to enable me to sell it to a well deserved buyer for the right price.

I know the serial number of the case is: 10744977 and the serial number on the internal movement is: 10618304

Aged around 1944 to 1947 in superb condition.

It is 18 carat gold. After market strap. Automatic - Both with perpetual motion and wind up. 17 jewel.

However to allow me to sell this without I will require the model number or model line (It doesn't say Constellation etc)

If anyone can help, I will be sure to help out with about 10 vintage Hamilton, Omega, Cartier watches I have recently sold for her. My knowledge is growing any I have found a certain love for watches of all kinds.

Thanks,

Richard

IMG_5717.JPG IMG_5730.JPG IMG_5747.JPG IMG_5756.JPG IMG_5758.JPG
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 30, 2017

Omega didn't have model names for many of their watches until the last half of the 20th century.

Even when they were given model names by Omega in sales and advertising material (e.g. Argos, T17, Foibos, Euroos from the 1930s) the dials only had "Ω" and "OMEGA".

In your case the watch is simply an Omega "Chronometer". This a bit misleading as the bumper movement (Caliber 350?) is not a chronometer grade caliber and the dial has simply been repainted with the addition of the word.

The original dial would have had "Omega Automatic" and an Omega symbol.

off_subject likes this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 30, 2017

You need 200 posts top sell here.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 1, 2017

That is an obvious redial, sadly, you may find that many on here won't be interested for that reason. That movement is a 350 family bumper but that serial predates the 350 name, it was known as the 28.10RA SC PC if ranfft is the be believed, the later ones like the 351 had hidden bumper springs.

off_subject likes this.
  5. off_subject Oct 1, 2017

Afternoon all,

Thanks for your helpful advice:

1. JimInOz - Thanks for clearing that one up for me, I am new to this but have become spellbound by watches now!

2. padders - Your point in relation to JimInOz's point too also makes sense now. The entirety of the watch is original, however the face has been re-worked (regardless of how well or not well) to now state Chronometer; which in actual fact it isn't.

Or, the face is is original, but has been put on a different movement/case?

So, I'll be selling this watch on a reputable online auction site, no guesses which. However, so I know the buyer is getting exactly what they want, how would the watch be described?

Omega Caliber 350 Bumper - 28.10RA SC PC - Chronometer Redial.........For example?

Thanks all!