Forums Latest Members
  1. Decerf Aug 11, 2015

Hello gents

I'm pretty new to this group and I don't really know it this belongs in this forum section... If not please forgive me. I've got this nice stopwatch in my possession that I would like to share with you in order to obtain any info on it. I have searched the internet but can find little to nothing about this particular model, stopwatch. Therefore I was hoping to receive and help - info on this forum about model, production period and so on....

Thanks in advance for any shared info gents

Jim

20150811_154352-1.jpg 20150811_154417-1.jpg
  2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Aug 11, 2015

Welcome to the club! I have a couple of nice old "vintage" stop watches as well and have found it nearly impossible to find much information on them, they're just not all that popular.

Nice piece by the way!

3. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Aug 16, 2015

I haven't got much info on these, however a picture of the movement will help dating it.

4. OMTOM Aug 16, 2015

Hello Decerf, there is a wonderful Omega production called ‘A Journey Through Time’ on which we thrive – maybe you have it? There is a section there that covers the Omega ‘Olympic’ pocket watches – including an illustration of almost the same watch as yours. It is described as a ‘Timer with two pushers’, Item no 1079.

As Tire-comedon says, it would help to see an image of your movement – but it will be a Calibre 24’’’ or 53.7, Reference number 1135. 1/10th split-second timer. The one shown in AJTT (from 1952) is marked ‘Olympic’, yours is not – but otherwise very similar. AJTT then shows a later version, Reference 6603 (with black dial but again very similar).

I hope that helps. Tom

5. Decerf Aug 22, 2015

Thank you very much gents for all the positive reactions so far. As requested I will post soon a clear picture of the movement.

Thanks again,

Decerf