Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega Speedmaster. About to Pull the trigger but want a second opinion

1. marcuscarcus Mar 4, 2017

I have been looking for a Vintage Speedmaster for awhile and I've let a few go for various reasons and I don't want another one to get away. Desire makes you make bad decisions though so I want a second opinion so what better place than the experts at omega forum. Here are the photos

The sweep second hand has been repainted and the center column has some paint chipped. The bezel has faded a little but I really like it. The movement looks good to me. It comes with a full 1 year warranty and it was serviced.
    The lume looks like its aged evenly. It's from a seller I think I can trust (I.e they have a brick and mortar store). Not going to say where it's from just in case one of you is looking as well ( ) Doesn't come with the bracelet but I'm going to put it on a Nato anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anything else I should be worried about?

Edited Mar 5, 2017
  2. wsfarrell Mar 5, 2017

That looks to me like a fairly tired watch that's been heavily polished (especially the caseback), and the movement doesn't look all clean and nice the way it should after a service.

marcuscarcus likes this.
  3. Badwolf Mar 5, 2017

The case looks heavily polished, personally I prefer the odd scratch/ding to loss of shape.

marcuscarcus likes this.
  4. Davidt Mar 5, 2017

Agreed. Overly polished case and the dial, plots and hands looks tired. You can do better.

Additionally, please insert the pictures into this thread. A thread with just a link that stops working after a while is no good for helping people learn what to look for a what to avoid.

marcuscarcus likes this.
  5. marcuscarcus Mar 5, 2017

Hey, I updated the post. Appreciate the help. Going to pass on this guy based on your advice.

Going to keep looking. Looked thru the Watches for Sale section and nothing. THE SEARCH CONTINUES!