Forums Latest Members
  1. fwright00 Jan 9, 2021

So my 1950's bumper-wind Seamaster stopped working last week. Hadn't worn it in a year or so, not on a winder, wore it for about 5-7 days without issue, didn't knock it that I can recall but it just stopped, can still feel the bumper move. I'm in Denver, CO but don't have a local source I know I can trust for vintage repair. Can anyone recommend a Colorado or US repair person for vintage Omegas? I also have a '78 Speedy that works fine but since I've had it for a few years now, could probably use a routine service check. Both of these watches acquired from this fine forum BTW.

Thanks...

2. wagudc Jan 10, 2021

DaveK and fwright00 like this.
  3. jknuckey Jan 11, 2021

I just had my 1958 omega automatic watch serviced by Peter Pronko (Wellington, CO; sorry not exactly a short drive for you). Just checked, and he comes up on the AWCI search tool above. My watch wasn't completely functional and had a damaged crystal. He restored it to working condition; I've only had it back a few days, but it seems to be working like a champ. It took about 6 weeks, but I think the majority of the wait was due to his backlog. His pricing is here:
    https://propertime.net/repairs

4. wagudc Jan 11, 2021

If a watchmaker doesn't have at least a few weeks wait time these days, I would be concerned.

DaveK and connieseamaster like this.
  5. fwright00 Jan 11, 2021

Thanks, yeah that's a bit of a drive, but worth it for someone who knows how to service that vintage. I didn't know about the AWCI tool, there's a watch repair person at a swanky downtown Denver jewelry shop, that will probably cost a bit more, so now I have to figure out the trade off on making the drive... I really appreciate the input and reference!

wagudc likes this.