Forums Latest Members
  1. BramP Jun 22, 2015

Hi all,

First of all, my name is Bram, I come from The Netherlands and I am a new member to the Omega Forums. Great to meet you all!!

My grandfather has owned an Omega seamaster for many years(think he even was the first buyer), a while ago he gave it to me. Now I hoped some of you could help me out a bit with identifying the watch and maybe point me to some information about it.

First of all I have a picture f the face of the watch:
    [​IMG]

Here is one of the back:
    [​IMG]

Also I made one of the inside of the back. Probably having the model number 2577 allready helps some of the experts ;)
    [​IMG]

I do have a picture of the movement too, however I was wondering wether it was safe to publicly post it as the serial number is there in full. The serial number has the format 1,39X,XXX (so from 1952-1954?).

Thank you all in advance for all the help.

regards,
    Bram

Giff2577 likes this.
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 22, 2015

BramP likes this.
  3. BramP Jun 26, 2015

Thank you very much for your reply! What I see is that my watch has a red seconds hand and a different dial then the one from the OVD. Were there perhaps different versions of the model? Maybe there were special editions?
    For the service, I live close to Amsterdam. There are a couple of ruputable watchmakers, anyone knows what one might be a good choice?

Thanks again for all info!

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 26, 2015

For each model in OVD there were LOTS of different dial styles.