Forums Latest Members
  1. tko Jul 2, 2015

Dear all,

I'm new here and it looks like a great community, truly what the internet was always meant for.

I found this one by pure chance this afternoon, I quite like it but they weren't able to give me a price on the spot, they will call me in the next few days.

I cannot seem to be able to find this particular "seamaster" model anywhere, does anybody know more about it? Is it real? No signs or brand on the case back, which looked pretty odd to me, but I'm no expert.

Thanks a lot

IMG_0917.JPG
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 2, 2015

The separated day and date means Calibre 1000 series movement, which people tend to be less familiar with as they're not as loved as the earlier three digit movements.

tko likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 2, 2015

Case looks to have been polished, not a good job either, evident in the top part, maybe to remove deep dings or something.
    Factor that into the price.

tko likes this.
  4. tko Jul 3, 2015

Thanks both for your reply, I didn't notice at first the "aggressive" polishing job at the top.

They asked for 450 euros, and stated that it was "probably" never been worn before, some kind of "stock leftover"? I have never seen a seamaster with dials on the external crown, looks suspicious I have to say.

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 3, 2015

tko likes this.
  6. tko Jul 3, 2015

Don't tell me they polished the brushing away!

7. i20rider Jul 3, 2015

If you still fancy the piece let them know that its def not unworn and that the finish has been ruined. Let them know that you know there trying to play you like a fool. Talk them down. Some times a little brillow pad action can bring it back to life

Also..if my 60s seamaster has a engraved seamaster caseback then so should that..I would bring that up.as well

8. tko Jul 3, 2015

I had a look at the site, but to be useful you need to have already an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Omega releases, how could have I known that it was in the 1973 catalogue?!
    Compliments and kudos to the masters :)

9. tko Jul 3, 2015

I do quite like the piece and I am not truly a fan or a collector. I will therefore trying to bring the price down.

10. lillatroll Jul 3, 2015

I am sure you could find a better example than that one, I would wait becuase these flaws tend to grate on people after a while, you could probably find a much better example for the same money or less. Look on chrono 24 and watchrecon as well as ebay.

11. tko Jul 21, 2015

2015-07-21 12.13.13.jpg 2015-07-21 12.13.23.jpg
  12. TNTwatch Jul 21, 2015

That's also a redial or a fake dial. Only the bracelet may be worth something, everything else is close to worthless on this watch.

13. Wongo Jul 21, 2015

I would not even consider buying it.

14. tko Jul 22, 2015

TNTwatch, which is the fake dial?

15. tko Jul 22, 2015

Sorry, I see now what you mean, the WHOLE dial is not the right one! I was more thinking of the lancets, as they don't match the one in this catalogue's page: http://www.old-omegas.com/pics/catuk73/p28.jpg. I wish I knew the story of this piece!