Forums Latest Members
  1. Jet Jockey May 25, 2019

Anyone know this model seamaster ?
    It belonged to my dad and not sure what caliber is inside.

Sounds like the automatic system is loose inside and want to know the value whether a repair us worth the investment.

Dial is 100% flawless, markers and hands are rare akso without any signs of age.

8A416284-4918-4A00-B89E-FA45C09B1F5A.jpeg
  2. seekingseaquest May 25, 2019

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 25, 2019

I doubt that the “automatic system is loose”.

This is a bumper automatic movement. You are supposed to feel it a little bit.

It should still be looked at by a watchmaker to make sure all is OK.
    gatorcpa

4. Jet Jockey May 25, 2019

5. Jet Jockey May 25, 2019

It does not wind at all. So yes, soemone will look at it...
    Just need to know a value to see if repair is worth it

6. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers May 25, 2019

Service cost depends on where you are and what parts are needed. In Canada, probably $250 -$300 would do it, and you would have a one year warranty too. If it was my dad’s watch (you may feel otherwise) I’d save up if needed, and get it serviced by a local watchmaker (not Omega official service). Someone else will jump in with thoughts on the watch value, or suggest you look at eBay sold prices, but the reference number will be needed for you to do that, and a watch maker will likely be the one to open it up for you to obtain the ref #. Let us know what town you call home and a recommendation for a watch maker may follow

7. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 25, 2019

You "see it" because after having looked at umteen un-refinished dials a re-finished one like this example just screams out at you. Back in the day it was a very common practice used to freshen up the appearance of an aging dial. It doesn't hurt the functionality of the watch but from a collector's point of view it's pretty much a killer.

That said, it's a very nice heirloom watch, well worth having it serviced and worn.