Vintage Omega Seamaster Help

Hello all,

I am contemplating on purchasing the attached vintage Omega Seamaster. I have never seen one like this and I really liked it. However, I am worried that it is a counterfeit watch. I also wondered what something like this would go for in today’s market.
Can someone please provide advice/ help.

You probably need photos of the caseback, and the movement. You need photos of the bracelet serial number.

It looks OK to me, but pretty sure crown is a generic replacement. As others have said you want to see pictures of the movement. The inside caseback will tell you the exact reference.

Nice watch (not so much the crown as previously pointed out). It all comes down to price. How much is the seller asking?

Legit watch. I wouldnt worry about the crown - it's easily replaced and this one will be better to use than the original. Bracelet alone is worth 250USD or so, so 990$ doesnt sound too bad. Not saying this cant be had cheaper, but then you'd have to invest in a lengthy search. Factor in money for a service.

Well $990

I think that price is fair, assuming the movement is in good working order. You could probably do a little better, but you certainly can find this watch listed for much more. If there is a recent service history with records, the price is good.

Actually, opening a new thread is the way to go so discussions dont get mixed up.
Good note. New here but will do going forward.

Well $990
It's a very nice watch but I think the price is a little high. But if you like the watch I do not know what to say..

It is kind of expensive. You would be better off getting something in Mercari, Poshmark or eBay

I pulled the trigger on mine. Hopefully it does not disappoint.