Vintage Omega Seamaster Found Metal Detecting

Posts
2
Likes
2
I recently found this Seamaster whilst out metal detecting. It's in bad shape as you can see! It's been hit with the farmers plough and endured most of its life buried in muck.
Such a shame as it was probably someone's pride and joy back in the day but sadly I think it's well beyond economical repair!

 
Posts
13,521
Likes
23,460
Ouch. Is there a dial and movement in there?
 
Posts
2
Likes
2
Ouch. Is there a dial and movement in there?
The dial and movement are both there. I don't think the dial is salvageable and I haven't had the watch open yet. I don't think im ready to see what is going on inside! 😟
 
Posts
869
Likes
2,206
Needs a servicing. Dont send to Omega, they will ruin the lovely patina
 
Posts
24,800
Likes
55,082
I think it's appropriate treatment for that particular model.
 
Posts
432
Likes
1,044
Seamaster logo on the caseback looks great tho. I'll give it that.
 
Posts
216
Likes
254
I was Explosive Ordnance Disposal in Vietnam and some of the timing devices that were used in IEDs didn't look that bad after functioning. 🤣