Forums Latest Members
  1. goldboy Mar 1, 2014

I have recently acquired this vintage Omega but could use some help on finding out information on it. What I am looking to find out is how old it may be, how long they were made, is it rare, is the crystal that is in it original to the piece with the magnified date, and a value on it to know if it is worth having Omega do an overhaul on it. I am new to the collecting market and came across this for I think a good price but would like to know more about it. I have taken it to the Omega dealer close to me to see what they could tell me about it. They were not able to tell me much about the watch other than it could be from 68 to 72 on the age. I took it to a watch repair shop and he opened the back and on the inside of the back is 566.024. The Omega dealer could not reference that number in their data base but was able to reference 566.0024. I don't have a way to open the back myself without risking damaging the piece to see if the numbers were written down wrong or not. What I have been able to find on the net is slim pickings. Probably because I am new to this and not looking in the right places so I thought lets go to you guys who have the knowledge of this to see what I can find out. I am open to any and all help on this one.

View attachment IMG_6398.JPG View attachment IMG_6406.JPG View attachment IMG_6405.JPG View attachment IMG_6403.JPG View attachment IMG_6392.JPG View attachment IMG_6393.JPG View attachment IMG_6391.JPG

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 1, 2014

Seamaster 60

Reference
    ST 566.0024 or ST 566.024
    International collection
    Movement
    Type: Automatic (mechanical)
    Caliber number: 681
    Created in 1963
    24 jewels
    Central sweep-second hand
    Functions
    Date
    Case
    Stainless steel
    Case back
    Screw-in
    Dial
    Blue or dark red, with matching color on the bezel, with luminous hour markers and luminous "stick" hands.
    Crystal
    Armoured hesalite
    Water resistance
    60 meters

3. goldboy Mar 7, 2014

Bump

4. i20rider Mar 7, 2014

Damn good looking

5. goldboy Mar 7, 2014

X350 XJR

Thank you for the information that clears up the number difference on the back cover. I was able to get the back open again and the caliber is a 681 and I was able to get the serial number out of it which is 2330xxxx. From what I have found on it dates it between 65 and 66. Also found out Omega started making the 681 in 1963.