Vintage omega Seamaster 300

Posts
942
Likes
601
Hi, just bought this watch locally and wondered if there is anything that I missed when I purchased it. The watch is in very good condition and I note that the second hand ( in my opinion) is not original. Any help or comments from the experts here would be great. Thanks to OF for the space.
 
Posts
3,148
Likes
6,548
I hope, not too much.... dial does not look good, AFAICS. Did you compare it to similar 165014? fonts?
 
Posts
942
Likes
601
I thought that was in very good condition but I certainly am no expert on these watches.
 
Posts
942
Likes
601
Unfortunately watch is not in my hand at the moment. I am collecting it in mid December as overseas until then. I will ask seller for better photos. Thanks.
 
Posts
712
Likes
2,600
This case is very sharp for a watch of that age. I've wanted one of these but I've found them a bit of mine field with after market parts. One thing that has put me off in the past is case back. This one causes concerns for me, but I'm no expert
 
Posts
1,118
Likes
1,724
It is a fake watch, no need for more pics. Only the movement is original. Better if you take your money back.
Edited:
 
Posts
942
Likes
601
Agreed, it looks great for a watch dating from 1966. But even if it is a watchco case back it still seems to work.
 
Posts
942
Likes
601
It is a fake watch, no need for more pics. Only the movement is original. Better if youbtale your money back.
Are you sure about that.
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
at fist glance it looks like a legit movement in one of those kits.
 
Posts
13,520
Likes
23,458
A watchco kit??

‘WatcCo’ kits are genuine service parts. This is a fake kit, similar to the SM120 and SM300 fake kits that have become more prevalent over the last couple of years.

The fake 165.014 kits are the latest one I believe.
 
Posts
311
Likes
341
It does look suspiciously good. Seamaster 300s are a minefield because the movements are so easily sourced from other watches and they are just super simple to reproduce with no complications like on a moonwatch for example. I am no savvy enough to tell but this one looks way too good for a 60s watch. Fakers are getting scarily good unfortunately.
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
Ask yourself why a watch that's otherwise so nice looking would have such a nasty looking movement...