Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2012

Something I've been curious about...

Generally speaking vintage pieces come under the heading of either the Seamaster, Constellation, Geneve or De Ville lines with the Geneve and De Ville coming in later in what seems to be an attempt to brand some pieces that didn't fit into the Seamaster or Constellation lines.

My question is, for lines like the non-constellation chronometers, chronographs, pieces like the centenary and so on which don't have a line, what are they considered to be a part of, or how do you refer to them?

2. ulackfocus Apr 16, 2012

Well, the Centenary is the name of the line so leave that out. I don't know if every watch Omega (or any brand for that matter) was attached to a specific line or even had an individual model name back then.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2012

How does "The International Collection" factor in?

4. ulackfocus Apr 16, 2012

Sounds like a catch-all to me. :p Seriously, this might be a question for somebody in the Omega museum.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2012

Wonder if we have any Omega Museum guys as members lurking... This site comes up as the top hit for a large number of vintage Omega searches now, they probably do browse it.

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 16, 2012

Well, there's the speedmaster line. And you could say chronometre line excluding the seamaster and constellation pieces. Then you have diver watches (seamaster and others), military watches, moonphase watches, novelty watches, and for the rest, automatic and manual wind.

7. ulackfocus Apr 16, 2012

I guess that's about it - classifications are best used for the generic non-series watches.