Forums Latest Members

WTB Vintage Omega or Hamilton in $100-$500 range

1. rbf1138 Aug 6, 2013

I'm looking to buy a vintage Omega and/or Hamilton in the $100-$500 range. I dislike gold, so anything with white, silver or black dials would be ideal. I'm really just looking to buy something vintage for daily wear, possibly to wear with a suit on occasion. I'm admittedly more interested in "oh, shiny" than "collectability" (for now at least). I tend to like late 50s/early 60s the most as far as looks, but I'm not opposed to 40s or 70s, either!

2. afinewatch Aug 19, 2013

I have many Omega watches and some Hamiltons.
    Please e-mail me if still looking mila_d at cox dot net

3. Hijak Aug 19, 2013

4. atcdav Nov 24, 2013

I have a 1936 Hamilton Drake and an early to mid 1940s Omega with a 30T2. They are both all original. Not restored. Working , had them cleaned and oiled a few years ago. They show their age somewhat, neither has original strap. These belonged to my dad, he was the original owner, they were daily wearers for him. I don't wear them. I'm not sure of a value, but I would consider a sale or trade for something more modern. There is a pic in my album at WUS user name ATCDAV. I can send other pics. The watchmaker that cleaned the watches showed me the inside. I have not opened the omega myself as to not damage it. There are carving inside back of case from others servicings.

Regards
    Dave

drake.jpg omega.jpg
  5. Tritium Nov 24, 2013

I know you said vintage, but what about this modern hand winding hamilton in the $300 range?

[​IMG]

Picture taken from who knows where...

6. atcdav Dec 20, 2013

I added a couple of pics in my post above