Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega Marked 166041 - Any information?

1. durfita Jun 13, 2014

Hi all,

I just purchased an Omega on eBay (see pics) and would like to know any information about it! It's for a gift for my husband and he loves items with a history. Year, quality, opinions, advice for the automatics, how they work, anything! Thanks so much. Oh geez, hopefully it's authentic! :) I appreciate the help, my father used to have a gold Omega with a blue face from the 70's that was stolen when I was a kid. I have always loved these watches so much and thought it would be a beautiful gift for our tenth anniversary.

Marked 166.041

Omega1.jpg Omega2.jpg Omega3.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 13, 2014

Yes, its genuine and appears to be in relatively good condition.

Can't make out the serial number clearly, but looks like it starts with 33, which would date it to around 1971.

Have it serviced by a reputable independent watchmaker and have a nice leather strap fitted rather than the replacement bracelet on it.

751 setting instructions.jpg

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 14, 2014

A very nice Geneve in good nick. You will need to get the swan neck spring of the regulator replaced as it's broken, but it isn't a big issue.

I'm sure he'll like it, I just hope for your sake it doesn't spark a hunger for vintage watches ;)