Vintage Omega Ladies Cocktail Watch Help?

E1F3DECB-8E90-4045-823B-FF59C583A9CD.jpeg FF027118-6D68-440D-A873-272C1AAAB8EB.jpeg Hi!
I’m new to the forum and needed desperate help with further information about this watch. It was purchased in London roughly one year ago. I’ll enlist the details below which I obtained from the Omega store:

18k Gold
serial number: 19717085
Case: 1105662
Case: 620

It’s a manual winder, looks to me to have about 26 or 27 natural rubies of good colour, Nicely matched. The bracelet appears to be in good condition. Your next question is likely to be re: value. Try to find another identical watch that sold recently, and take note of what it sold for. I can tell you that is a fools errand! Since this is likely the only one like it that has sold recently, that means what you paid is the market value.

@Canuck thank you for your information! In terms of value, would it be set by myself or could it be done by a auction house if I was willing to sell it?

The value will be slightly higher than the scrap value of the gold. These aren’t sought after and the market is soft for this kind of watch.

@Canuck thank you for your information! In terms of value, would it be set by myself or could it be done by a auction house if I was willing to sell it?

If the perceived value of something is it’s value in the market place as determined by what a buyer might pay, then it is reasonable to say that the marketplace decides the value. In an era of 50% off! 60% off, 70% off, that is an indication that the sellers of stuff don’t know values, and are hoping to find a price a potential buyer might pay.

Talk to an auction house, and see what they suggest. They might tell you to get an insurance appraisal on it. But if the piece has a too high reserve price put on it by you, and the item doesn’t sell, you’ll likely have to pay the auction house the buyer’s premium to get it back! The Omega is worth more to you than to anyone else, and you obviously don’t want it………………! Don’t be surprised if your potential buyer sets out to find HOW MUCH you don’t want it!
As I said before, the value in the marketplace was determined by whoever bought it (you?). It would be a shame to sell it for the scrap value of the gold content, plus something for the rubies, but that might just be the option open to you. OR, to gift it to someone who might enjoy it.

Is the bracelet signed anywhere? The 620 could refer to the movement

If the store did not remove the movement to see if the case was signed. It could be an orphan movement with a custom case.

Today. These are seen more as an accessory piece rather than a watch. Depending on the design. Some valued more than others which are valued on the gold and gems (if useable)

If the case is not signed. Value might be 10% over gold/gem value

DON