Forums Latest Members
  1. TempusFugit73 Oct 12, 2019

Hello everyone. This is my first post here, and my first Omega. I'm already loving this watch. I was first introduced to Hummers when I acquired my Accutron. While learning about the uniqueness of them, I learned that Omega licensed the technology from Bulova and then hired the Acuutron's inventor to improve the design. I found this one at a price I couldn't refuse. Overall it looks great and it runs perfectly. My only issue is the strap. I may be asking for flak from my opinion, but I detest crocodile! I'm desperate to ditch the ugly crococrap for something more suiting my tastes. I figure Brown leather is more traditional for these gold tone vintage Omega's. I'm curious what is everyone's opinion is of a suitable alternative to crocodile. I've been eyeing Rally style straps, and ones made from old military ammo pouch straps. Thank you for your input. 20191010_155514.jpg

2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Oct 12, 2019

Good morning and welcome to the forum from Laguna Beach, Ca. You may like a Croco strap better if it were the proper size. The strap on your watch is to small.
    As an alternative, I would suggest brown Alligator instead.
    [​IMG]

Just a little noob hazing. Nice watch. I had the same one in stainless for a while.

TempusFugit73 likes this.
  3. TempusFugit73 Oct 12, 2019

It's a good thing you can't see my gag face! LOL! Thank you for the welcome.

kingsrider likes this.
  4. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Oct 12, 2019

I'm not a fan of plain brown with the gold. Consider black calf... or even another color. Beige or tan on gold works too.

Tom

5. omegaswisst Oct 12, 2019

+1

20191013_102419.jpg

6. TempusFugit73 Oct 12, 2019

I was worried black wouldn't look good on the gold tone of the case, but I must say, I'm liking it. Thanks for the options omegaswisst! I've been eyeballing sharkskin and stingray as a more exotic option. Below are a few examples I've considered...

392-1000x743.jpg
    Black Stingray

DASSARI-Maranello-ra3.1-Hand-Finished-Vintage-Italian-Leather-Rally-Strap-in-Black-680x680.jpg
    Black Rally
    deployment-clasp-watch-band-shark-leather-brown-dc-0202.jpg
    Light brown Sharkskin

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Light golden Laco style. I have this exact band in a darker brown on my hand made Franken-watch. It's a very unique strap for those that aren't familiar with them.

7. westmouth Oct 13, 2019

How do you intens to use the watch? As a daily wear or more like a dress watch? I would think that the intended use would be a guide for finding the proper strap for it. A strap typically associated with sport watches would in my opinion not be well suited for a dress watch. And most often the other way around, however maybe not in this case...

8. TempusFugit73 Oct 14, 2019

My plan for it is to be a daily wear and occasional dressy watch. I prefer a strap that is both practical, unique and stylish.

9. westmouth Oct 14, 2019

In my mind the watch is more on the delicate side rather than being a rough sports watch. As such I find that thick leather, rubber, racing/rally/pilot straps, ammo straps etc would not suit this watch as those type of straps are so connected to sports and diving watches. I would have chosen a golden brown, cognac thin leather. Could be croc or alligator, lizard or ostrich og you go exotic. A plain leather would also do it. For more formal occasions a black strap may be a good choice, I wear mine on a black lizard. 1C3CAA61-FC4C-4A2C-94D4-4F7A97DAF1D7.jpeg C599B8A5-AEAA-4543-9E38-C69D4A43C0DB.jpeg 6E5BC969-B23F-4676-BFC7-92B416407ECC.jpeg

Edited Oct 14, 2019
  10. andrefariasilva Oct 20, 2019

I spent some time searching for a strap for my Seamaster (ref. 145.0029). I eventually came across FinWatchStraps, handmade in Finland. They were supposed to deliver a quality strap, without breaking the bank. With the strap, I also ordered a pair of spring bars, because unfortunately they don’t come with the straps. And this is probably the only complaint I have.

So, the leather is of very good quality, pretty soft and comfortable, and the strap doesn’t take much time to adapt to the wrist. In the last months, after a lot of wear, it maintains its look. The buckle is not bad, but also not exciting: simple, polished and not signed (which I appreciate).

Besides the strap overall quality, I’d also point out the customization they offer: a few options regarding the buckle, and also a few sizes to choose. I actually emailed them with the size of my wrist (a tad bigger than 15 cm, around 6 inches), and they took no time to answer me back. The strap fits perfectly, which is kind of new to me, since I always have a hard time finding straps for my skinny wrist, usually having to punch a new hole.

IMG_2991.JPG IMG_2990.JPG IMG_2988.JPG
  11. TempusFugit73 Oct 20, 2019

Your strap looks great! I'll check them out, thank you.

andrefariasilva likes this.