Forums Latest Members
  1. Michal Jan 19, 2016

Hi everyone
    I'm a new member and looking for some information about vintage omega constellation.
    I got this watch from my girlfriend, it was completely smashed ( seems like car run over it )
    At the moment is in fully working order but still really bad state and some parts are not original :(
    I'll try to find what caliber number is it once I'll get it to watchmaker again... Case number is 168.0013
    I couldn't find anything about that number too
    And strangely is opening from the top of the case ( ring around the glass )
    Any comment and information please
    Many thanks image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Edited Jan 19, 2016
    Josh36912 likes this.
  2. Michal Jan 21, 2016

I have some more details about this Omega with help from Desmond http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1 who's writing a blog about vintage omegas. He was very kind and provide this article http://download1644.mediafire.com/d7a7pyu33kmg/zjzxx3wwtdh/omega+constellation168.025.pdf Thank you once again
    Although I took it to the watchmaker today's and now I can tell for sure is a genuine watch calibre 564 Omega Constellation 168.015
    So now I'll continue to search for hands and dial or at least batons for dial if that's correct name for it.
    Many thanks and please forgive me my English

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 21, 2016

Well, the dial is original, even if it's missing the Constellation star. Good luck tracking one of those down.

You've taken on quite a project to get this one back to a reasonable looking watch.

When you are done, it should look something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minus the pie-pan dial, of course.

The hands shouldn't be too difficult to source. The dial might be beyond saving unfortunately.

Please let us know how it turns out.
    gatorcpa

Michal likes this.