Vintage Omega Constellation

Hello there, I have been seeing a few posts here on sellers’ ask prices above fair value hence would like your help to assess this piece that I’ve been eyeing for a while. On chorizo24 it’s rated as one of the few “very good” condition. It is asking at ~2.5k.

The case looks good to me and the watch seems to retain its edge. One concern is the dial (seller confirmed no redial but I’m not confident in my ability to access yet).

Can you show better photos of the dial?

2.5k usd, seems a lot for a calendar gold filled. That case style is not my thing. YMMV

That's more like solid gold money they're asking.

Evidence of severe rotor rub at some point and what looks like a replacement rotor. Surprising on what appears to be a very sharp watch.

IMG_2721.jpeg

@jonjonjon
Welcome aboard.

Unlike some, these references do float my boat.
The date is not 1960 as stated but more like 67/68
The case looks to be well preserved, even retaining the brushing to the sides.
The crown is a replacement.

There is something odd about the dial.
First off - The hands are wrong and ugly.
The dial looks correct (from the crappy pics.)
I thought the star was off-centre but I think it is just rotated about 1 degree to the left.
The indices onyx inserts look flat ( and have depth, so aren’t painted)
Usually these are only found in solid gold deluxe dials.
A special for the Far East market perhaps?

It is a handsome watch (if you changed the hands) but probably priced at twice it’s private sales market value.

There are no better pics but here is an enlarged version of the dial

B385D7EE-94E0-49D9-A721-0BD1871BAA76.png

I find it astonishing how some sellers are asking a premium yet provide such utterly rubbish photos.

I find it astonishing how some sellers are asking a premium yet provide such utterly rubbish photos.
I don’t find it astonishing at all.

These are the watches that sit forever precisely because they are ridiculously overpriced. More people get an opportunity to see them and ask questions.

The reasonably priced and correct watches tend to move quickly, so not many get to see them.
gatorcpa

I don’t find it astonishing at all.

These are the watches that sit forever precisely because they are ridiculously overpriced. More people get an opportunity to see them and ask questions.

The reasonably priced and correct watches tend to move quickly, so not many get to see them.
gatorcpa

I mean the fact that sellers think asking a high price but providing ridiculously poor photos is a recipe for success.

Looks a lot like one of my Connies - the one on the right in this pic.

connieparkersm.jpg