Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Omega Constellation Megaquartz 2.4 MHz cal. 1510 w/ Rare Blue Dial -- SERVICED

1. tomvox1 Oct 21, 2014

Selling part of a friend's collection with my 100% backing. I am in possession of the watch and will handle the shipping; payment will go directly to him.
    OmegaMegaquartz-lng_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-6_edited-1.jpg Up for sale is this cult classic early 1970s Omega Constellation Megaquartz 2.4MHz with rare non-starburst metallic blue dial in amazing condition and on its original heavy bracelet.This hard to find dress version of Omega's famed Marine Chronometer is considered one of the landmarks in electronic timekeeping and this example is in remarkable Near Mint condition without the usual door jam marks one usually finds. It also comes on its genuine original and full size reference 1209/202 bracelet which can fit up to an 8" wrist. To make things even sweeter, this great Megaquartz Constellation has just been cleaned and serviced by my watchmaker with a brand new battery installed and so will come with a 6-month movement guarantee for all normal non-abusive use.

The asking price for this great Vintage Omega Megaquartz in outstanding original condition is now REDUCED to $2450 USD OBRO, including fully insured FedEx shipping worldwide. Bank Wire preferred but Paypal is OK on this transaction with +2% to the buyer. Payment must be made directly to my consignor in US DOLLARS.Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.
    OmegaMegaquartz-4_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-angl1_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-2_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-7_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-1_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-bk_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-move_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-innrbk_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-crwn_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-sd_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-clsp1_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-clsp2_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-angl2_edited-1.jpg OmegaMegaquartz-3_edited-1.jpg

CASE & CASEBACK: Extremely large and heavy 31mm wide x 49mm long x 13mm tall stainless steel rectangular case is super clean and unpolished with all edges and bevels sharp and only the most minor scratches despite 40+ years of life--remarkable Near Mint vintage condition. The outer caseback shows slightly more wear with some small accumulated marks/scratches but the Omega symbol and external number (believed to be related to the Marine Chronometer certification process) are very crisp--externally Excellent cosmetic condition. The 4 grub screws are not overly worn and screw the back in tightly and the correct bespoke flat rubber gasket is present and in good condition. The inner caseback has no corrosion and shows all the correct original Omega nomenclature of the period, including the proper reference numbers.

DIAL & HANDS: Near Mint+ to Mint original metallic blue dial with only a small bit of very light discoloration to the applied bar markers visible under a loupe. Really attractive juxtaposition of the red Omega logo at "12" and the framed red date at "6". This metallic/brushed blue dial seems to me to be much more uncommon than the Starburst version if perhaps not quite as scarce as the waffle versions and it has a wonderful quality of changing from navy to robin's egg blue depending on the angle at which you're looking at it. The correct white-highlighted hour and minute hands are also Near Mint+ with minimal signs of age, as is the "dead beat" baton sweep seconds hand. This really is about as nice of an original dial as you're likely to find in one of these Megaquartz Connies and it wears beautifully on the wrist--trust me, you won't be able to stop looking at it.

CROWNS & PUSHER: Signed Omega crown and original recessed quickset date pusher are Excellent cosmetically. The crown sits tightly to the case and pulls out to the hacking time-setting position as it should. The pusher below it enables the user to change the date in 30-day months without having to disrupt the super-accurate timekeeping and it operates as designed.

CRYSTAL: Unique flat rectangular mineral crystal with visible orange gasket is Mint with no nicks, chips or scratches whatsoever.

MOVEMENT: Legendary Omega cal. 1510 13-jewel super-high frequency quartz movement with a 34 million serial number (ca. 1972) has just been cleaned and lubricated with a new battery installed. Therefore, the watch is running well and keeping great time with proper date advancement. Guaranteed for 6-months of normal, non-abusive use.

BRACELET: Original ref. 1209/201 heavy solid link tapered bracelet is very tight, seems to have all links and is in Excellent condition with signs of normal but not extreme wear like light scratches to the original brushed finish and some marks to the clasp, which is also nice and tight. I have it sized to my 7.25-7.5" wrist with 2 more downward adjustments left and at its longest I would imagine it can accommodate up to an 8" wrist.

I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form. Like most rectangular watches this Megaquartz Connie never did have a very high original water resistance rating (30m).

This great Vintage Omega Megaquartz is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
    T.
    [email protected]

Trev likes this.
  2. tomvox1 Oct 30, 2014

Now REDUCED to $2450 USD OBRO.
    Best,
    T.

3. tomvox1 Nov 3, 2014

ON HOLD.
    Best,
    T.