Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Omega Constellation 167.005, Pie Pan Dial, Exceptional Condition, Serviced

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 30, 2015

OMEGA CONSTELLATION
    Reference 167.005, Silver "Pie-pan" Dial, 1964
    Caliber 551, Chronometer certified , Stainless Steel Dog Leg Cse
    Accompanied by an official Omega Extract of Archives and signed storage case

The watch comes with an interesting & unusual provenance, having been originally shipped by Omega to the U.S. Army, European Foreign Exchanges System, a fact that is noted on the extract. One of the nicest examples of this reference you will find.

Dial & Hands: The original-finish pie-pan dial is in exceptional condition. Stainless steel dauphine hour and minute hands, with center sweep seconds. Stainless steel dial furniture. All luminous material intact (though due to age it glows only briefly after exposure to light) All of the dial text & markings are in clear and unfaded condition.

Case: Unpolished original condition, with crisp "dog leg" lugs and edges. It has obviously been worn carefully, no major dings or dents, but does show the minor marks and hairlines from use. The stainless steelcase back, with the iconic Observatory medallion, is in very good condition, with some light scratches & tool marks. Please note that this watch should not be considered water resistant. Inside, the case back is properly signed "Omega Watch Co" with the reference number and correct additional markings as pictured.

Movement: Omega automatic caliber 551, chronometer certified, fully serviced in October 2014, but no longer under warranty. Movement photos were taken prior to service. Running well and keeping accurate time.

Bracelet: Includes correct signed Omega "beads of rice" stainless steel bracelet in excellent condition, with all links and very little stretch.

Please review the pictures carefully as they are an important an integral part of the description.

Priced at US$1832.97 OBRO. The watch will be listed elsewhere, but I always prefer to sell quickly in a frictionless transaction with a known member here on OF. Price includes PayPal fees and shipping within the US. Non-US buyers will pay actual S&I costs over US$25.

Shipping: The watch will ship via USPS priority mail, signature required, tracked, and insured for final sale value.

Sold as is, with no warranty, and no returns.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Additional pictures here: http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/D...llation ref 167005 cal 551 1964?sort=3&page=1

nori, Pahawi, bigdubnick and 9 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Oct 30, 2015

Holy feckin' sheeyat! The facets are so crips you could shave with that case. ::love::

3. JM251 Oct 30, 2015

Bad ass :thumbsup:

JohnSteed and Darlinboy like this.
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 30, 2015

Watch is now sold. My thanks to the buyer,

.... and to OF for this wonderful marketplace.

Difeer likes this.
  5. JohnSteed Oct 30, 2015

I'll buy it!! Wait!! What!!!???? Sold??!!!!???

too LATE

congrats!! :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bigdubnick, tpatta and Darlinboy like this.
  6. ulackfocus Oct 30, 2015

Knew it wouldn't last long! ;):thumbsup:

Darlinboy likes this.
  7. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 30, 2015

In less than an hour. Wow.

Darlinboy likes this.