Forums Latest Members
  1. Vijay Dumpa Nov 26, 2016

Dear all Respectable members,
    Recently I bought this from local auction, by looking at the caliber it looks like 30 T2, and serial number is from 1948, not sure reference number is matching with the watch. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in Advance!!

Edited Jan 29, 2019
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 27, 2016

According to the Omega database, the Ref 2890 was created in 1956 and housed a cal. 267 movement. You have a much earleir cal 30T2, with a serial number from the late 1940s. What you probably have is a Franken watch, i.e. the watch is made of parts from different watches. In addition, the dial is very poorly refinished and the hands incorrect. Basically the watch only has value as parts. Hopefully, you did not pay much.

3. Wongo Nov 27, 2016

Redial from dial. Wrong hands. Only value there for parts for this one.

4. Vijay Dumpa Nov 27, 2016

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 27, 2016

::facepalm1::
    gatorcpa

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 27, 2016

If you like it, leave it alone. Spending money at Omega would be throwing a lot of good money after bad.
    gatorcpa

Vijay Dumpa likes this.
  7. François Pépin Nov 27, 2016

At least your caliber (30 t2) is the exact same size as the 267 - which is to be expected as the latter is a new version of the 30 series! So you will not have issues with the caliber in the case, and de can guess someone just fitted another caliber without changing anything to the case.

So as Gatircpa said: keep it as is if you like it. And keep it or sell it for parts if you happen not to like it anymore. But I woul not spend money in that watch.

By the way, maybe it is my poor English, but I do not even understand the seller ´s description of the dial (see above)! An original restored dial: I know this kind of oxymoron used for marketing purposes, but a restored dial with natural patina?! It is new to me.

8. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 27, 2016

I think sellers use this language to confuse inexperienced buyers. It is to imply the dial is the original dial that came with the watch that was "just" refinished and therefore should have "less" of an impact on value.