Vintage Omega Automatic 342

Thanks, 342 only. I intend to do this repair myself, just now scratching the surface. I've watched hours of videos mostly from the YouTube channel Wristwatch Revival. I'm pretty steady with my hands and it reminds me of my old days rebuilding carburetors. Maybe my new hobby:)

Most would recommend that you acquire a level of skill at this new found interest, by practicing on watches that don’t matter when (not if) you b _ _ _ _ r something up! Check eBay, and buy a job lot of scrap watches for very little, then there’s no risk to your Omega. You will have to spend a chunk to acquire the tools you’ll need. Not a good move to practice on a sentimental favourite! But it’s your watch, so do as you wish

Like 3
Maybe a little too soon to ask, since I'm not known. Would anyone here want to trade some of there watch tools for some of my automotive tools (just retired last November)? I would be willing to ship them first to show honesty. In other words some of my old tools for some of yours. Never hurts to ask :whistling:

Maybe a little too soon to ask, since I'm not known. Would anyone here want to trade some of there watch tools for some of my automotive tools (just retired last November)? I would be willing to ship them first to show honesty. In other words some of my old tools for some of yours. Never hurts to ask :whistling:

tou can buy off EBay for less than the cost of shipping your tools

figure out what you need and make a list and then post in a new post to see if good or other items needed

I bought most of my tools off EBay

Like 1
I think 330 is the base caliber here. Surprisingly this is one of the parts that seems to have been sent in quantity to the material houses.
Is 330 caliber equal to 342 caliber as far as replacement parts?

Is 330 caliber equal to 342 caliber as far as replacement parts?

its a starting base, but movement modified over time. Certain parts are compatible and some not

Thats where Jules Borel's parts match system works

Like 1