Forums Latest Members
  1. Kapira Oct 13, 2021

Hello everyone!
    I acquired this watch from an estate sale in Vancouver BC Canada. I don't know much about these watches other than that they gained popularity with the show Mad Men.
    it is a 14k Case, the band is not Omega, it is a Birks 10k band.
    What can you tell me about this? i know its from the 1950's but not sure what specific year.
    I would like to get it appraised as well, to know its worth.
    Thank you any information is greatly appreciated!
    oemga5.jpg omega.jpg omega2.jpg omega3.jpg omega4.jpg omega6.jpg omega7.jpg

Edited Oct 13, 2021
    OllieOnTheRocks likes this.
  2. Vanallard Oct 13, 2021

I recall seeing this Constellation for sale on FB marketplace. I had some concerns about the dial based on the photos in the listing. Is there a ‘Swiss’ mark below the 6 o’clock marker?

Dan S and Kapira like this.
  3. SkunkPrince Oct 13, 2021

Twelve bucks for the set and I'll pay postage too!

Seems like a nice enough watch if you didn't pay more than a good used car for it.

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Oct 14, 2021

You have an early Constellation with a textured dial and a bumper movement.
    in good condition these are very desirable watches.

Looks like the dial has been cleaned and possibly repainted - but we would need clear, straight-on photos of the dial to assess it properly.
    The case has seen some polishing.
    Unfortunately, the premium value of these watches is heavily affected by the quality of the dial.
    It will always have intrinsic value due to the gold content but if it has been redialled you won’t realise top (collectors’) dollar for the watch.

you would probably be better off selling the gold mesh bracelet separately to the watch head.

Dan S and Kapira like this.
  5. Caliber561 Oct 14, 2021

hard to tell with the images, but it's possible the "swiss made" is being covered by an oversized rehaut.

felsby likes this.
  6. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Oct 14, 2021

If that is a redial, it is the best I ever saw. I would gladly pay $ on the basis of the pictures supplied. Everything is correct: MOY, crosshairs, minute markers, two-tone (which in itself is extremely hard to get right).
    Agree, the bracelet must go on its own.

Heavytrevy, Kapira and tamura like this.
  7. OllieOnTheRocks Oct 14, 2021

Nice watch and all correct as far as I am concerned. If you'd like to sell bracelet please get in touch, I might be interested.

Kapira likes this.
  8. KAP Oct 14, 2021

The dial seems original to my eyes. Here’s my 2648 snap back for comparison. The 2652 offered a variety of dials and had a thicker bezel/smaller dial with screw back. Can’t tell from the movement picture what the caliber is but the serial number dates this to approximately 1953. Could be a 352 caliber but seems to me that a 354 is more likely.
    2AD7AEAA-B6B0-4983-B0D6-160518E4E6C2.jpeg

Edited Oct 14, 2021
    Dan S and felsby like this.
  9. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Oct 14, 2021

Edited post
    I just realised that I replied to an entirely different watch, so I've deleted my comment -apologies
    Unless there is a photo I'm not seeing, I'll wait better pics of the OPs watch for further comment

BTW, I think that @Caliber561 might be right about the possibility of an incorrect crystal retention ring covering the area where SWISS MADE should be

Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 12.07.59.png
    Edited Oct 14, 2021
    felsby likes this.
  10. cristos71 Oct 14, 2021

The picture you've re-posted is the 2648 from @KAP and not the OP's watch in question.

The 2652 dial looks fine to me, I'd like to see another picture of the seconds hand to decide whether or not it is the correct length

11. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Oct 14, 2021

yep
    It allowed me to edit the text but not remove the pic

12. Kapira Oct 14, 2021

Thank you all for your responses, I tried to take a closer photo of the dial for you to assess. I don't see a "Swiss made" under the 6.
    However I do know this watch was put away for a long time and only taken out last year after 30+ years, so I am not sure how much wear it has seen.

https://imgur.com/a/h5Lm9ie

13. Kapira Oct 14, 2021

I don't see a swiss mark, but yes my husband was looking at information on FB marketplace. Here is a new photo of the dial in question.

https://imgur.com/a/h5Lm9ie

14. Jade Oct 17, 2021

Wow congratulations on your acquisition. I gotta keep my eye on some estate sales now.