Forums Latest Members
  1. greenecollector Jun 13, 2019

No, Goldsmiths don't I'm afraid.

Their archives were all lost.

My area of research has been W10 watches specifically.

If I were you I would begin searching all auction house online records and compling movement numbers for '68 issue watches.

For the W10's some of the movements are consecutive or very very close.

You may get lucky and find its brother movement number in a 68 which would lend extra credibility.

Dash1 and bags1971 like this.
  2. bags1971 Jun 17, 2019

Just a update

the deal has fallen through for me as they wont post it due to the value and im not doing a 12hr round trip to pick it up

speaking to Joe in the shop the watch was sold to them over the counter and was the person who was selling it fathers it had been in a drawer for years and was full of wrist cheese.

when they sent off for the extract they stated fixed spring bars and then omega asked for pictures which were sent then the normal extract was sent out

3. omegaman Jun 17, 2019

Sorry to hear that :-(

Regarding the extract it's still misterious on what additional information Omega decides to confirm a military provennce or not

4. greenecollector Jun 17, 2019

Indeed.

I'd be tempted to have another go still...just for curiosity and see how far they can be led if given the right information ;-)

Shame the purchase has fallen through.

Can you not organise your own shipping, using UPS from your end and have them just collect?

That way the shipping is all at your risk.

I have driven and indeed flown longer/farther in the hunt for a watch.

5. bags1971 Jun 17, 2019

Because it’s a watch not one of the couriers will ship covering the full value and they aren’t willing to risk it they said that I could arrange a courier and all the risk is on me but I’m not prepared to take that risk.

Normally I would do the drive as it’s part of the fun of watch collecting but with being unwell and off work can’t take that chance

Joe the guy in the shop knows his watches and he does think it’s a miltitary issue but he doesn’t think omega will say it is with the lack of markings hence that’s why they asked for the pictures

Edited Jun 17, 2019
  6. greenecollector Jun 17, 2019

UPS will insure for the full amount so not really sure where the risk is?

Watches at that value are getting shipped all over the world every day.

If it was 50k, yeah, it's a problem...5k, I don't see it personally...

7. Tri-national-man Jun 17, 2019

Military or not, this particular sm300 is still pretty rough looking..