Forums Latest Members

Vintage Longines Kestenmade Bracelet Help

1. rfordo Mar 7, 2018

Looking for some help on a bracelet I picked up not too long ago. I will attach some poor quality pictures for now but I am mainly confused about the lug attachment part of the bracelet. This looks like it slides on to a watch somehow? I cant seem to find another like it searching around.
    LonginesBracelet2.jpg

LonginesBracelet5.jpg
    LonginesBracelet6.jpg LonginesBracelet8.jpg

Any help is appreciated such as what kind of watch this may go on, etc... I have no use for it and would like to get it on the watch it belongs on.

2. argonbeam Mar 7, 2018

Lots of late 60's and70's Longines had this type of band. Search Ebay for "Longines Kestenmade" and there are usually a few examples. Longines was still making some great movements and watches during this time, but the wheels were starting to come off the bus a bit design-wise. This type of band would've been attached to some of the more "unique" offerings of the period.

3. rfordo Mar 8, 2018

Thank you for the reply, I have been checking eBay periodically but have not seen this one. Some with a similar type of lug attachment (is there a better word here?).
    Anyways, I will most likely throw it on there and send it off. Was hoping to see one these "unique" watches that this bracelet belongs on. Have yet to see that.

4. argonbeam Mar 8, 2018

vintagewatchresources.com

Browse the later 60’s and 70’s models.