Forums Latest Members
  1. DJM74 Mar 18, 2016

Hi i have just purchased ( on ebay ) a vintage omega i was wondering if someone could advise if i have made a good purchase and share and knowlege you may have.
    The watch was listed as follows

Vintage Omega 166.0209 Yellow Dial Cal 1022 Automatic 23 Jewels Men's Watch

The watch has arrived and looks as the photos and i am pleased with how it looks but i wouldn't mind a sanity check !!
    It is a day date but there is no lettering on the face to say what model it is , Is this normal ?

IMG_6485.PNG
    IMG_6486.PNG

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 18, 2016

What has your research found?

3. DJM74 Mar 18, 2016

Hi looking on the Omega website in the Vintage area the cal and serial No would place it as a seamaster which is what was stated in the advert . But on the omega website there is only a grainy black and white photo that and there one has seamaster inscribed on the dial ( mine doesn't ) and also they only mention a silvered and dark grey dial where as mine is yellow.

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 18, 2016

Google the reference number and look at the images. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

DJM74 likes this.
  5. DJM74 Mar 22, 2016

Turns out it was not as authentic as I was hoping for so it is going back !!

6. benjclark Mar 22, 2016

What did you find? Googling the reference number I saw quite a few others similar to yours, yellowy dial, no model name on dial (and some with) ....

7. DJM74 Mar 22, 2016

It looked nice but the power reserve would only last a few hours once I took it off . I didn't realise beforehand but I have a omega service centre not to far from me so I took to them for a quick check . And with a few minutes they have given me a fair list of issues with it !!