Forums Latest Members
  1. erpin9 Feb 17, 2017

I found this vintage Glycine Combat but there is not much info about this model on the internet. This vintage Glycine Combat is the only such example I have come across. I have read however that this model was produced in limited numbers in the 1960s and production could in fact have only totaled about 100. Movement is a Glycine signed ETA. Can anyone here shed some light on this watch?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spacefruit likes this.
  2. Tubber Feb 17, 2017

These are lovely little watches. Does the wire hack at 12 still work? There was more than 100 made but don't really see them that often.

erpin9 likes this.
  3. erpin9 Feb 17, 2017

You mean if the hacking mechanism still works? Its not working. Btw the watch case is of the compressor type.

4. jban Feb 17, 2017

I agree with Tubber, they are the type of watch I started collecting in the 80's and was what I preferred over the Airman with it's 24 hour dial. I think the number of them far exceeds 100, if you were to look at eBay's completed on these you will find at least 4 of them.
    Still a super watch that strikes most of the chords.

erpin9 likes this.
  5. Tubber Feb 17, 2017

Many people these days may find them a bit small at 34mm but I don't and they have a particular charm. I stupidly forgot to buy one on EBay that came with box and papers. The Airman is also a lovely watch, the 24 hour dial and bezel are great if you travel a lot or need a day/night reference.

erpin9 likes this.
  6. erpin9 Feb 21, 2017

Quite small but you get used to it after awhile. Besides it's very comfortable to wear.

Tubber likes this.