Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Glycine Airman Special

1. AESTime Aug 21, 2017

Up for sale is my Vietnam War era all original Glycine Airman Special with clean bezel, sharp lugs, rich creamy lume and unpolished steel.

This is a fantastic daily watch that takes everything I can throw at it but I would like to make room for some upcoming purchases.

According to Glycine Heritage website I date this watch in the early 1960s (pre EPSA cross hatch crown).
    http://www.glycintennial.com/serial-no.---calibers.html

Movement is an automatic which winds smoothly and keeps good time for its age. As with all vintage I'm sure a clean would not hurt but from a daily wear perspective it's been fantastic.
    As with many of these early Airman the hacking is not working, I have left this as it serves no purpose in my everyday wear. I will leave this up to the buyer if they choose to fix this or not.

Case is sharp and appears unpolished, bezel is super clean with sharp edges and black paint all clear and visible.
    Case back appears unpolished with clear markings (PAT. 314050).
    Plexi glass also appears original and true to age, it has some desk wear and tear which if polished will really bring out the clarity of the dial but I have kept original as I really enjoy the purpose built appeal it gives.

Dial is untouched and looks to be extremely clean for a watch of this age, completely original with beautiful rich lume plots and matching original hands.

Overall this is a very honest example and has been a fantastic watch in my collection.

Price is $1200 USD (ONO) including postage. Included in sale is a period correct Beads of Rice Bracelet.

Please see images attached, provided as part of the description, please ask any questions and I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks to Omega Forums for the space. Much appreciated.

IMG_6052.JPG
    IMG_6188.JPG
    IMG_6189.JPG
    IMG_6190.JPG
    IMG_5200.JPG
    IMG_5201.JPG

Edited Aug 21, 2017
  2. AESTime Aug 21, 2017

Sold. Thank you kindly for the space Omega Forum.