Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Eberhard Scafograf 300 - big trangles dial

1. vujen Apr 21, 2022

Hi guys
    For sale this veeeery rare example of one of the most beautiful divers ever created, imho. The mytical Eberhard Scafograf 300 with the very sought after "big triangles" dial.
    I bought this watch from the son of the first owner, who contacted me, as Eberhard lover, in order to sell the watch. This is too big for my tiny wrist so I asked my watchmaker to service it and now it's ready to be enjoyed by another collector.
    Eberhard - as you may know - was one of the first companies that during the second part of 50's and early 60's, experimented the possibility to do professional divers for various purposes. Their Scafograf 100 (I'm a proud owner of one example) is maybe the first attempt. Then they evolved their production with some new models, such as Scafograf 200 and, precisely, Scafograf 300.

It's very hard to find this first execution dial on these models because production was very limited, and subsequently Eberhard used the final dial design, way more common, with stick indexes.

This specific example is possibly the rarest of the rare: we are speaking about a transitional dial, made with the design used for radium ones, but with tritium and the later addiction of the "double t" signature in order to specify this evolution.

More into details:

Dial: matt black with gold graphic, original tritium on golden indexes, presence of the "double t" signature at around 6 o' clock.
    Case: razor sharpe, never polished. 43mm wide with twisted legs, clearly visible engravings on caseback.
    Crown: original, very hard to find.
    Hands: original, professionally relumed to match the lume on the dial.
    Bezel: a bit worn, tritium triangle is missing, one major scratch at "20" position.
    Movement: freshly serviced (pics are missing because my watchmaker firmly closed the watch, I can send pics privately in the next days if needed); very interesting "roulette" data disk.
    Bracelet: very rare "patent pending" bracelet, correct for this case, but with a rarely seen "turtle" design. Original clasp, market "second quart of 1962"

I'm selling this rare bird for 8500€ including worldwide insured shipment. Me and watch are located in Italy. I have dozens of worldwide references if needed, so you can buy with total confidence.

Thank you OF, thank you guys.

eb8.jpg
    eb1.jpg
    eb7.jpg
    eb9.jpg
    eb5.jpg
    eb2.jpg
    eb6.jpg
    eb4.jpg
    eb3.jpg

TDBK, adrian scott, kristal and 26 others like this.
  2. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Apr 21, 2022

Well this is something you just don’t see every day! GLWS!!

vujen and Thommas like this.
  3. vujen Apr 23, 2022

thank you so much! UP!

4. vujen Apr 28, 2022

up!

5. bardamu Apr 29, 2022

Great watch from a great seller, GLWS!

vujen likes this.
  6. vujen May 4, 2022

thank you! bump! :)

7. adrian scott May 7, 2022

Lovely watch.

vujen likes this.
  8. vujen May 7, 2022

thanks!

9. vujen May 11, 2022

up!

10. vujen May 18, 2022

up!

11. vujen May 28, 2022

sold
    Thank you OF for the space

Mark020 and JayBe like this.
  12. Braindrain May 28, 2022

Congrats to the buyer and seller. That was a beautiful watch.

vujen likes this.