Forums Latest Members

FS Vintage Doxa Sub 300T "Sharkhunter" Aqualung

1. Hands90 Dec 29, 2019

Vintage Doxa Sub 300T "Sharkhunter" Aqualung

Pauls Watch Repair
    Up for sale is a very cool vintage mens Swiss made Doxa Sub 300T "Sharkhunter" Aqualung automatic wristwatch with date. I just acquired this watch recently and it was not working. We did a complete service of the movement and it is now working perfectly. The crystal was cracked. The crown is the screw down type and it is original (unsigned) and it screws in properly. We had to replace the gaskets in the tube since they were totally melted. The crown feels a bit wobbly when pulling it all the way out but there is nothing wrong with that, it is just how this watch was designed (long thin stem and big heavy crown). The bezel rotates properly counter clockwise.

As you can see most of the enamel paint has worn off (we can restore these but we left it untouched). The black dial is original and has a matte finish. It is completely untouched. At some point there was water or moisture intrusion as you can see some corrosion damage and stains on the dial and hands. The hands are also untouched. The dial and hands are stable and with the new crystal in they will not get worse. The case was never polished and its in good condition. It has a screw down back and it measures 43.25 mm in width w/out the crown. Lug tip to tip it measures 44.5 mm. We replaced the case back gasket. The bracelet is stainless steel and original with an expanding clasp and signed "Doxa Sub 300" and the ends "7720-10". The case exterior serial number is 6667196 The case exterior model number is 11899 4. The bracelet has one spring damaged or missing as only one of the expanding links actually expands.

In closed position the band and watch will fit wrist sizes of 6.5 inches but since the clasp expands and one link expands it can fit sizes of up to 7.75 inches. The movement is signed "Doxa 17 Jewels Swiss". The case is signed "Doxa".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since this time the watch has been running great with fully working date change. The crystal and gaskets are replaced with the proper Doxa parts. The bezel does turn but it is very tight. It might be the tightest bezel I’ve ever had to turn. This can be remedied with oil but that is not something I’m going to do, I’ll leave that to the buyer. The bracelet does work properly except for the one elastic extension, it only has tension halfway but the bracelet is still comfortable and works properly.

I’m not looking for trades. With the price paid for the watch and the parts that needed to be sourced I’m looking to sell it for $2,200 through Paypal.

Shipping within the United States unless we work something out.

Please reach out for any questions.
    I wouldn’t be selling if I didn’t just buy another watch.

5.jpg 6.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

2. Hands90 Jan 23, 2020

SOLD