Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Caravelle 333ft. Dive Watch- Service, Excellent Condition

1. woodwkr2 Mar 23, 2014

Caravelle 11.jpg Caravelle 12.jpg Caravelle 13.jpg Caravelle 14.jpg Caravelle 15.jpg
    Caravelle 16.jpg
    Caravelle 20.jpg
    Caravelle 21.jpg
    Caravelle 17.jpg

Product Description

Maker: Caravelle, a subsidiary of Bulova
    Case: Stainless steel screw back case. Case is in original condition and has received very little wear.
    Rotating diver's bezel.
    Crown: Original, unsigned crown.
    Dial: Original, factory finished dial is a real beauty with aged lume. Signed "P" at 6 O’Clock.
    Crystal: Acrylic crystal recently polished
    Movement: Manual winding Bulova 11DP, 17 Jewel movement. This movement was well regarded and also licensed from Bulova by Citizen, where examples are badged Citizen 0241.
    My master watchmaker has performed a full inspection and servicing on this watch. The watch was completely disassembled, the appropriate parts were cleaned in the ultrasonic and then oiled using the finest quality Swiss Moebius oils. The mainspring was replaced. It was regulated and is keeping good time.
    This watch passed my testing for water resistance, so it is safe for regular use near water (washing hands, dishes, etc). It has not been depth tested. With all vintage watches, though, it is a good idea not to submerge; water resistance is neither warranted nor guaranteed due to the age of the piece.
    Dimensions: 44.5mm x 38 mm without crown; 42.5mm with crown. 20mm strap.
    Band: Pictured on a coordinating NATO nylon strap. If you plan to leave it on the NATO, I recommend leaving the protective caseback sticker in place to prevent wear.
    Shipping: Domestic shipping via USPS 1st Class Package, Priority mail or Fedex 2nd day air, fully insured. International orders, will ship via USPS Priority International or Fedex International. Shipping in the USA is free for standard delivery. If you'd like shipping upgraded, contact me for a quote. International buyers are very much welcome; please contact me for a shipping quote and specifics.
    Payment: Bank wire or cheque preferred (many references available). If Paypal is your thing, that's fine too; please add 4% for fees. Please contact me for further information. All payments must be in USD.
    Inspection: I adhere to the customary three day inspection period. That is, once you receive the watch, you have three days to check it out, try it on, impress your friends, etc. You can contact me at any time in those three days and return it--for any reason--in the same way that it was shipped to you. I'll inspect it on receipt and if everything's the same as when I sent it, you'll get an immediate refund minus any shipping costs or payment fees I incurred.
    Price: $350
    Caravelle 18.jpg
    Caravelle 19.jpg

Privateday7 likes this.
  2. Watchguy31-us Mar 23, 2014

***Must ignore my affinity for all things Orange and Blue**** btw, Go Illini!

3. woodwkr2 Mar 23, 2014

Black and Orange. I think the band was picking up some blue reflection from the dive mask in that first picture ;)

4. Watchguy31-us Mar 23, 2014

Thank, God. I can go back to sleep, lol

5. woodwkr2 Mar 23, 2014

I can point you towards a similar blue and orange NATO if you'd rather get up and start your day. LOL

6. woodwkr2 Mar 23, 2014

SOLD. Thanks buyer, thanks Omega Forums!

7. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 23, 2014

Nice piece.....didn't expect that to last long.