Vintage 1950s Omega watch ?? Insights Needed

This Omega was bought by my grandfather in egypt in the late 50s and now it got to me.
-It is supposedly made in 1958 (serial number in the 16 mils) with a hand winding 267 movement.
- The lugs and case back are stamped 18k (in arabic) ; not stamped by any omega reference or logo.
- The bracelet is also stamped 18k but is missing the omega logo and stamps.
- Its papers and original box are missing.

I was told by the son of the original owner (my uncle) that back in the late 50s, in egypt, under the Abdel Nasser regime, there was a sanctions-like political issue between switzerland and egypt. Thus, no goods from switzerland could enter egypt easily, including watches. Therefore, swiss watches were imported to the country with no logos stamped on them, possibly in pieces, and then assembled by the authorized dealer back then and sold to the public.

On the other hand, some people say that the bracelet and case could be manufactured by local watch experts. Others think it is just a franken watch.

Anyone has information regarding the authenticity of the story and the watch ?
What about its Model? Reference number?
Can anyone confirm whether or not the bracelet and case back are genuine Omega?

I would say that the dial and movement are original Omega. I also suspect that the case and bracelet are locally produced (Egypt?).

This wasn't unusual in that era, many countries had tax import tariffs that made it more economical to import Swiss movements and have them cased by local companies/jewellers.

Maybe if Egypt had sanctions the only way to import Swiss watches was via "movement only", so in that case, it isn't a franken but a "local production", much like Norman Morris Omegas in the US.

I agree, the story is plausible and consistent with many other locally-cased watches from other countries in the era. It’s a nice heirloom.

While it was common for Omega watches to be cased locally to avoid import duties, most local case-makers making watches officially for Omega added an omega stamp inside the caseback as well as their own maker mark. So IMO, it would be difficult to prove that the OP watch is one of these examples, as opposed to a custom case, or a case adapted from a different watch.

The bracelet looks generic.
Edited: