Forums Latest Members

Viggo’s watch in the movie Greenbook

1. Swizznasty Jun 30, 2019

For some reason I was unable to easily search or find pictures after being curious about what wrist watch he pawned. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it !
    Thanks ,
    Ross

2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 30, 2019

Just finished watching ‘Green book’
    Couldn’t see what the watch was.
    Good film.

3. Professor Jul 1, 2019

Looked for still but couldn't find one with a view of the watch. found a couple where the left wrist was visible but he didn't have a watch on it at all, perhaps the scenes were after he pawned his watch.

PS
    Looked again with different keywords and found this. Not good enough to ID the watch though.
    GREEN.jpg

Clip here shows Tony Lip get his watch back.

Edited Jul 1, 2019
  4. pnwyankee Jul 1, 2019

Good movie, always enjoy Viggo, just wish they had done a better job with it, dig a bit deeper than the low-hanging cliches.

Archer and Benbradstock like this.
  5. Professor Jul 1, 2019

Apparently a reviewer found audio files of an interview with the piano player that confirmed the major plot points of the film.

6. pnwyankee Jul 1, 2019

I am not questioning the veracity of the film. Having just been to a civil rights lecture series at the Univ of Washington, I was aware of the importance of the Green Book and I was excited to see the movie and came away disappointed. Then I read a review where the reviewer compared it to Driving Miss Daisy ( good movie - total racial stereotype ) and I had an Ah-Ha! moment.

7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 1, 2019

The closest view is when he hands it to the pawnbroker (who holds it up to look at it) but I’m not sure there is enough detail to identify it.

8. Swizznasty Jul 3, 2019

Yeah I’m very curious to know . The only still shots that may have entailed the brand was 1. When he handed it to the pawnbroker or 2. When his buddy gives it back. I’ve even tried to search a prop list to see.
    Thanks though I’m sure we will figure it out !

9. juanxcool Jun 6, 2020

Love this movie. The watch is a 1950's Bulova Accutron. 12-02-04-9e336674-9b4f-4034-bdd1-b0c6416fe9b7.jpg

pnwyankee, Larry S and Professor like this.
  10. Professor Jun 6, 2020

Cool! others have tried to ID it before without success.