Forums Latest Members

Very Unusual 1966 Longines watch... Ever seen one?

1. Spartcom5 Mar 2, 2017

Picked this up 2 weeks ago for $100. Was unsure for about a day and considered returning it because I seriously thought it was some custom job. I scoured the internet to find just two other examples of the same watch online. Here is one of them http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Unusua...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network My watch is in near perfect condition aside from missing the gold bracelet. Smaller watch at 30mm, but very unique looking. Strangely a great looking watch IMO, Thoughts? Still waiting on a response from Longines with further info regarding this!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Vitezi likes this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 2, 2017

Certainly not the run-of-the-mill Longines. Will be interested to see what the Longines archive shows. At that price, it'd be hard for you to have gone wrong.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 2, 2017

Would have picked it for a square watch modded into a generic round case until I saw the case back. Interesting

Always good to see a design I have never seen before :thumbsup: thanks for showing

4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Mar 2, 2017

Unusual and good-looking!

I think Longines will confirm its authenticity; seems I remember seeing another similar design by them before, and your excellent homework found another one!

Please update us when Longines sends you information, and tell us the story of how you got it :thumbsup:...:)

Cool find...

...and BTW, your new watch would make an excellent avatar for you!