Verification for x2 watches

Hi All,

I have two watches that I was hoping to get identified.

The silver one has significant sentimental value, as it has been in my family for three generations; the story goes that when they were reunited after WW2, my grandfather took it off his wrist and gave it to my father. As this occured in Shanghai, I realise it could have been a fake right from the start. Looking at posts on this forum, the lack of markings on the watch's back seems suspect. Anyhow, Fake or not, I planned to get it serviced because my father wore it his whole life until his passing, and he believed it was genuine.

The second has little sentimental value; it was bought in Laos in 1996 at a market, so I’ve always assumed it could well be a fake. It's been sitting in a box in my garage for 20 years, gathering dust.

I just reached out to an old friend who’s a watchmaker, and he mentioned that the watch faces were unfamiliar to him, so don't worry; I’m not going to freak out if they are fakes. I’m only interested to know if they are genuine or fake because I’d like to pass them on to my teenagers, and it seems like a point that should be clarified before I do.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Good news the silver one is quite genuine, the gold one is not.

Thank you, I'm so glad to know that my grandfather's watch is genuine. He was quite a trailblazer, before the communists took over he owned the first gramophone store in Shanghai. Do you know what the model is?

The model number will be stamped inside the case back.

......... Do you know what the model is?

Many Omegas from that time didn't have specific model names (Seamaster/Railmaster etc).
They were simply an "Omega Gents Wrist Watch".
Have your watchmaker friend open the watch and there should be markings on the inside of the caseback.
The case reference number and the movement serial number can be used to find out more information.

Many Omegas from that time didn't have specific model names (Seamaster/Railmaster etc).
They were simply an "Omega Gents Wrist Watch".
Have your watchmaker friend open the watch and there should be markings on the inside of the caseback.
The case reference number and the movement serial number can be used to find out more information.
Thanks for your time. I’ll get my mate to check and come back to the forum. If you were to make a guess what era would the watch be from?

1950's