Forums Latest Members

VC Aficianodos, redial or not?

1. jimmyd13 Jan 1, 2017

Pictured is my watch. I've owned it for a few years now and it was an auction purchase. It came with a certificate of authenticity issued in 1978 when it was serviced by VC. I've never been convinced as to whether this dial was reworked at that time or not. I certainly have no immediate intention to sell this watch but, as I've been reading tonight, I thought some here might put my mind to rest on this one way or the other. Feel free to be brutally honest. I love this little dress watch and wear it often - nothing that you say is going to make me enjoy it less.

The watch is from 1961, 18K gold and pretty damn immaculate to the naked eye. I know that VC dropped the ampersand around 1972 but I have seen two examples of this watch without the ampersand and at least another two with it.

So, was this dial reworked by VC when it went back to the mothership? Look forward to hearing your views.

zmg1WVD.jpg BspYDey.jpg BspYDey1.jpg

ELV web likes this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 1, 2017

Looks fine. No reason to believe that it is not an original dial.

ELV web and jimmyd13 like this.
  3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 1, 2017

Looks correct. The "o Swiss o" labeling for a gold dial reinforces that, as a detail that a redial may have omitted

ELV web and jimmyd13 like this.