Forums Latest Members

Vacheron Constantin cal.1003

1. afinewatch Aug 18, 2013

deleted

2. ulackfocus Aug 18, 2013

Turtle lugs. :thumbsup:

Getting vertigo looking at that bezel though. :p

3. afinewatch Aug 18, 2013

It is funny. I have had this watch for well over a year and until today looking at the large pic. did not realize that these lines run in spiral and not concentric :) Is it a play on LP records ??

4. cisco Aug 20, 2013

nice and original !

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 20, 2013

You do have unique taste on watch..........

6. afinewatch Aug 20, 2013

I do not know if this is a compliment or not... Let me say that I look at watches from my art background.
    The case and dial design is what attracts me first, movement as important but second.
    The opposite with pocket watches though.

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 20, 2013

It is a compliment. Your approach is similar with mine. I still distinguish quartz vs mechanical and reliable mechanical vs unreliable. That's it.

After that the design of the case and dial is my main attraction. History significance is number two.
    Now I am very fond of arrowhead markers dial in Omega Constellation line, any of their variation piepan, dome, waffle.

You also have the courage to go out of mainstream, which I don't dare until now. I still consider resale value when buying a watch. In my mind true collector will go with their heart first, the market opinion should be second, third or even last consideration.

8. afinewatch Aug 20, 2013

I look at each particular watch design in the context of the period it was made in. Was it just another watch or was the maker trying to push the envelope further. Omega was very prolific coming with lots of designs, some more successful than others. Rolex on the other hand stuck to what was working and just improving on limited number of designs.
    One example is Ernest Borel Cocktail design with kaleidoscope pulsating dial. These watches were in my view very innovative for their time.

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 20, 2013

psychedelic period ..........?
    I can imagine during 60's hippy years this will be something of buzz.

10. speedySam3570.50 Jun 19, 2015

Yes! I have two Ernest Borel kaliedoscope pieces, and they are really unique (not to mention cool). Simple, yet really neat watches. I hope to change out the dial patterns at some point, as I see many different designs are obtainable.