Forums Latest Members

WTB Used Vintage Omega Ploprof Hands

1. pmontoyap Jul 26, 2012

I´m looking for set of USED, VINTAGE H and M hands for the ploprof 166.077 in decent condition (tritium filling complete, some color on the edges, no peeling). With all the new dials and hands that have been replaced recently I figured somebody must have them. :whistling:

2. Dash1 Aug 3, 2012

Its finding used sets in good conditon that is the problem! I have a spare used set but the tritium is missing. Commonly the colour of the hands has faded too and the lume is missing or discoloured. I guess they led a hard life!

3. ulackfocus Aug 3, 2012

You can get the lume filled with non-luminous material that's colored to match the vintage beige shade usually found on original hands.

4. pmontoyap Aug 22, 2012

Thanks for the help guys. I understand these are difficult to find, is finding these type of parts that can delay a project for months. I know eventually a set will show up on the bay...but I´m seeing things there get slow during summer, and auctioned items seem to reach lower pices as well during this time, but there isnt really a constant offering of the harder to find omega stuff.

Ulackfocus I´ve thought about that, even for some speedie hands, but I dont have the contact info of someone doing this type of work. If you have a guy in the US it would be awesome to know. In the case of my ploprof dial the tint is more like 70´s toilet green. I´m sure differnet hues can be achieved.

I´m also thinking of buying 2 sets to experiment with distressing techniques, might sound crazy but to give two possible options: I´m thinking a few hours (day, days) in a UV cleaner or some other source of UV rays to fade the orange paint, and then some sort of dilluted paint applied carefully and evenly to dim the luminova and change its tone-. What do you guys think the results would be!?.. For $35 a set its something I´d be willing to try.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 22, 2012

Hey hey, My sea-foam green toilet in my guest room resembles that remark.:cautious:

6. pmontoyap Aug 22, 2012

I knew it would make sense to anyone who is either 35 or older, or still owns one :cool: .. Its a term commonly used in my country, verde poceta :whistling:

7. ulackfocus Aug 22, 2012

You know guys, they made kitchen appliances that same color too. Sounds a lot less icky to say 70's refridgerator green.

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 22, 2012

Dennis you sure you're not referring to "Avocado Green"?

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 22, 2012

In stalled in '92 :D

_B3R1455.jpg