Forums Latest Members

Used Speedmaster pricing seems off at ADs

1. Sidrox25 Oct 31, 2020

So I've been looking to treat myself this fall by finally getting another Omega. I wanted something different and not so main stream. I looked into the following two speedmasters. Upon doing research I've found a few of them at ADs and I see they have marked it up by almost 1/3 of what they have been selling at this year. Granted buying it used has some risks, but if I bought one that needed service it would still cost less than what an AD sells it for. Have you guys noticed this as normal practice? I think I'm better off waiting to buy it from a private seller if the price levels are at this level. Anyone have any thoughts on why I should?

888888914_16220152063052.JPG list.jpeg
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 31, 2020

Pretty normal for a retail establishment to charge more for an object than private sellers over the internet.

Most private sellers do not have to pay rent, utilities, salaries, insurance, etc. for a business.

Dan S likes this.
  3. Sidrox25 Oct 31, 2020

I understand that and I always thought they would be more, but I feel like they have hiked their prices up even higher this year due to what's going possibly?

4. Evitzee Oct 31, 2020

Supply and demand.