Forums Latest Members

Buying a used Speedmaster Reduced

1. meowrawrmoo Jan 6, 2017

So I'm set on buying a speedmaster reduced 3510.50 in pristine condition from a private seller.

The seller says he recently had the watch serviced by a watchmaker for $420, and from the exterior photos, it looks to be in a fantastic condition. (Not sure if the movement was serviced or replaced)

He doesn't have the box nor the documentation as he got it second hand as well, but he says he'll be more than happy to meet at a watchmaker and show me the movement to prove that it is indeed authentic speedmaster.

I understand that there have been numerous problems with the chronograph, and that having it serviced by Omega results in having a new movement put in. I currently do not know which movement the watch has, but will be able to see the movement in person.

Is there anything other than the movement issue that I should be aware of when buying a used speedmaster reduced? Also, is there a specific movement # I should avoid / look for?

Lastly, the seller is asking 1600, but I hope to negotiate it down to around 1400 if possible. What would be a fair price for the watch? (Pic attached)

00z0z_8671KUkRvv0_1200x900.jpg
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 6, 2017

You know the issues with these, so you understand the service costs on this model. The watch appears ok from the 1 picture you posted.

Any reason you want this model? As for price look at recent sales of the model on eBay. I can tell you that a highly respected dealer is asking 1950 for one in better condition with full box and papers from 2002. Dealers tend to cost a bit more but there are no questions on the watch, and they will haggle on the price.

Rodmar likes this.
  3. Uniqez Jan 7, 2017

Save up some money and go for real deal manual wind Speedy. Just saying

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Kofosu likes this.