Forums Latest Members
  1. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Sep 21, 2013

Since the Norman Morris Co. was brought up in another thread, I thought I would post an all original example of a model distributed by the company in the US in the 1950's. This is a ref GX6546 14K solid gold case with a cal. 500 movement. In the years post WWII, taxes were imposed on the import of precious metals, etc. A number of manufacturers worked around this by importing movements and assembling the watches in the US with a locally made case. The Morris company had some freedom when it came to marketing these watches and in some cases added extra text to the dials. In this example the “Deluxe” text was put underneath the “Seamaster” on the dial.

[​IMG]

kyle L likes this.
  2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Sep 21, 2013

They only changed the dials with De Luxe or Grand Luxe on them, the rest of the watch is still the same, non chronometer movements, thin gold plated cases etc....

[​IMG]

3. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Sep 21, 2013

These Seamaster De Luxes are a sight to see, especially in such great condition Joe.

Excellent piece!
    regards

Desmond

4. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Sep 21, 2013

Except for the fact that my example and several others I have seen over the years have been solid gold.....

5. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Sep 21, 2013

Thanks!

This one has been in the family since the day it was purchased. My grandfather was the original owner, then my Dad and now me :thumbsup:

Hijak and John R Smith like this.
  6. Hijak Sep 22, 2013

So then...dibs is pretty much out of the question then?;)....beautiful watch Joe!::love::