Forums Latest Members
  1. Fordex May 12, 2016

Here is the Omega invoice. It took them 8 weeks to do the service. It stayed in NJ.

omegainvoice.jpg
  2. Fordex May 12, 2016

I also got this timing card.

smallcard.jpg
  3. Banner Roar May 12, 2016

If Omega can not be trusted to show these watches the respect and care they deserve. How can we have confidence in any local service centers.

I have a Speedy with STS in the UK. First time I have used them because of a bad experience with my local AD. Just got the estimate for work yesterday. This thread makes me nervous about giving them the go ahead to do the work.

Anyone got work done by STS lately?

4. tyrantlizardrex May 12, 2016

Can't say enough good things about STS.

Here's a recent one they did for me: https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-speedmaster-mark-iii-st176-002-warranty-until-17-02-18.39252/

Fordex likes this.
  5. Steve1haggart May 12, 2016

I use STS all the time have done for several years and never a problem, the last watch I sent for an overhaul was my 63 Railmaster only three weeks ago ..if your in the UK and thinking of sending your watch to STS speak to Simon first a true gentleman he is the service manager there very easy guy to speak to .

6. Banner Roar May 12, 2016

Talked to him before sending the watch.....He had a good sales pitch like all sales people.....am showing my scars of sales pitches not transferred to service experience. I value others recommendations more. Regards for the comments. M

7. Steve1haggart May 12, 2016

When it come to servicing our watches I feel ever one that gets there watches serviced regular will all have diffrent experiences, for me so far STS have done what I've asked of them but I'm only one person in this whole thread.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 12, 2016

Flightmaster movements are considered Cat. 4, so yes they would go to Bienne if sent to Omega. Bienne used to have a reputation for being sympathetic to vintage pieces, but I've seen enough examples that have been treated poorly I'm not so sure that reputation is deserved at this point.

Cheers, Al

9. Fordex May 12, 2016

It seems the consensus is all Flightmasters should go to Bienne. But, there is no way mine went to Bienne. It came back in 8 weeks originally. the usual turn around time is 4+ months for almost anything sent to Bienne. Maybe Omega USA keeps them in the states? I'm just glad my jeweler is trying to make it right because Omega doesn't think we exist...

10. donkii May 12, 2016

Sorry to read this. Mine went to Bienne and you can see the result for your self. Nothing near what you got. Looks like someone with a dremel made your case, not good at all and I'm sorry to read this :(
    Total service cost was 1300usd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 12, 2016

Okay a bit puzzled that yours would stay in NJ, so rather than looking at the Omega web site that I had earlier (where they list the category of various movements) I had a look at the internal documents - specifically Work Instruction 31. It's a more detailed list and shows what movements are "Bienne only" and what can be repaired at a local service center. For whatever reason, the Cal. 910 is listed as a Bienne only movement, so it would have to go to Switzerland. However the Cal. 911 is one that they list as being okay to service at the local service center, and since yours is a Cal. 911 it looks like it stayed in the US.

Why the difference with where these two movements go I can't say, but there it is. I usually don't pay a lot of attention to these lists, and just fix what's in front of me...

Cheers, Al

12. Fordex May 12, 2016

13. Fordex May 23, 2016

I contacted Bienne and its going out this week! We will see what happens!

pascs likes this.
  14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 23, 2016

I hope it works out for you.

15. Fordex May 24, 2016

Donkii do have any before photos?

16. Fordex May 24, 2016

I'm happy Switzerland is going to look at it and attempt to make it right. I feel so much better already.

pascs likes this.
  17. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 24, 2016

I wish I had contacted them directly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk