Forums Latest Members
  1. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019

I just took possession of an Omega 125 which has never been worn. The watch was in the collection of a collector who purchase two of these watches around 1973. He never wore either watch and they sat in his collection until he died. My watch maker purchased the collection a long time ago and sold one of the two 125s when he first got them. He kept the other one for a long time in his collection. He never wore the watch. It is that watch which I purchased.

I may be able to post pictures later, I don't have any at the moment.

I was notified that the watch had arrived while at work. I took the metro home immediately and took the package up to my apartment and opened it. I took the watch out of the box and was immediately rendered speechless. It is the most beautiful, impressive watch I've ever seen. The entire experience of handling the watch, looking at its lines, seeing the perfect dial, perfect lume. It was overwhelming. Wow, you got to be kidding me. How is it that this incredible watch isn't held up as one of the greatest watches ever produced by Omega? That bracelet ... wow. Amazing is not an exaggeration. Its hard to describe the watch without sounding ridiculous, as I am sure I do.

I have a rolex for every year of the 1950s. I have Omegas from the 1950s. I have an unworn Rolex Perpetual from 1962. I have a Benrus U.S. Military watch from 1975 which is in perfect condition. I've owned a 2015 brand new Rose Gold Daytona, a new Sea Dweller. I currently have a new Oyster Perpetual 36mm which is fantastic (looks like a modernized version of my 1962 Oyster Precision).

No watch I've ever come in contact with is as impressive as the Omega 125. It really defies words. I've read a popular article about the watch which is often quoted which describes the watch as a heavy block of metal. Wow, what a disservice to the watch community to describe such an amazing watch in such a negative way. What a shame.

The bracelet was adjusted perfectly for me. I put it on and it felt fantastic. Not too heavy, not to big. Just a great watch with great aesthetics. This watch will only be worn on rare occasions. I will keep it in its perfect condition and so when I wear it, I will again and again experience that wonderful sensation of soaking in perfection.

By the way, I have a Fortis Official Cosmonaut Chronograph on a Bracelet which is roughly the same size and weight as the Omega 125. The Omega has a more organic shape to it. The Omega fits and feels superior to the Fortis. The Omega 125 is more comfortable and fits better than my 40mm Sea Dweller did.

It may be easy to dismiss my comments as someone who is excited about a new watch. I've had a day to calm down, and I still feel the same way as I did yesterday. Wow ... amazing!

andyzm and Sidnos like this.
  2. Sidnos Oct 11, 2019

Not sure it’s allowed to “big up” a watch this much without providing at least one snap!

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 11, 2019

And best of all, it's invisible!!!!

:D Such a great write-up, yet no pics... :whipped:

chronos, Waltesefalcon, kkt and 6 others like this.
  4. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019

Pictures will follow in this thread, so you'll have to wait. I am a graduate student and I am in the middle of preparation for my midterm in Computational Statistics at Johns Hopkins. So that is my priority, but I promise to post pictures as soon as I have some time. I understand your comments, and you will be rewarded by high quality pictures... buy unfortunately you'll have to wait.

5. Sidnos Oct 11, 2019

Looking to sell perchance? ;)

6. Braindrain Oct 11, 2019

In my great and unmatched wisdom, the 125 is the best, *best* watch ever.

Sidnos likes this.
  7. Dan S Oct 11, 2019

Well that was 5 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

MCC, kkt, omegasaso12 and 5 others like this.
  8. M'Bob Oct 11, 2019

But if you experience 5 minutes of unanticipated fun and diversion, does it cancel the other out?

vinny likes this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 11, 2019

Boo! You could have taken/ posted photos in less time that it took to write up your initial post. And if you had just posted pics you might not have even needed to do the write-up :p

And preparing for an exam at 3:00 pm in the afternoon? I hope that is because the exam is late this afternoon (or this evening), otherwise you are devoting way to much time to preparing. College was a few years ago, but I seem to remember most exam studying was performed in the half hour before heading off to class. :cool:

vinny, Wryfox, kkt and 2 others like this.
  10. Evitzee Oct 11, 2019

Do they give exams after hours on a Friday afternoon or evening? Been many years since I graduated but anytime after 12 noon was considered the weekend. And he must be the most proficient grad student in history to have all those watches in his collection.

kkt, omegasaso12 and Sidnos like this.
  11. Dan S Oct 11, 2019

Yes. And now that you mention it, that happened the other day when I came across this on the sidewalk outside the building where I work. I rarely see these.

praying_mantis.jpg

apsm100, DaveK, Vitezi and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sidnos Oct 11, 2019

Love mantids! So cool

13. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019

Here are pictures of the watch. These were taken by Rick Littlefield.
    2814dialside.jpg

andyzm likes this.
  14. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019

15. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019

16. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019

Spacefruit and alam like this.
  17. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019

Spacefruit likes this.
  18. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019

19. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019

X vintage and Benbradstock like this.
  20. DaveCollins Oct 11, 2019