Unusual dial on Omega Seamaster 166.032 - is that ok?

Hello.

I'm in little doubt about the dial on the SM 166.032 I bought.
It should be sparkle, but the one I have on my watch looks too natural to be wrong.
Here is the question: did I made mistake with the purchase, or such dial also right for 166.032?

And about the glass: there are two variations of the glass - with the lence on above the calendar and without.
Are both variations correct for this reference or correct one with the lence?

Thank you..

Edited:

Sorry for pictures quality - that's what I have from the seller.

The pictures aren’t great but as well as sparkle effect dials, these also came with a radial brushing. If that’s what this has, it’s a legitimate variation. Nothing else seems iffy.

The pictures aren’t great but as well as sparkle effect dials, these also came with a radial brushing. If that’s what this has, it’s a legitimate variation. Nothing else seems iffy.
Okay, thank you, David.
It looks as circular brushing.
Sorry again for the poor quality of the attached photos.
Edited:

I am no expert on this reference, but the hands look awful short.

I also agree, dial looks good. They came both in sparkling and radial brughing, and both applied and printeg OMEGA writing. And, stepped and not stepped.

I am no expert on this reference, but the hands look awful short.
To me they looks usual.

It’s hard to tell due to the angle. Unlike many references the hands on these don’t reach the minute track but they shouldn’t be too short.

Guys, thanks for the comments and information..
Still need to answer the question about the correct glass - should it only be with a lens or the option with regular glass also correct?

Dial has been refinished. Notched at the 3:00 position. Can just see some edge damage from the notching in second image

I88i887i888iiiii😟😟😟😟😟:omegacat:🤨🤨🤨🤨:omegacat:🤨🤨:omegacat:🤨🤨:omegacat:😞😧😞🫸🫸🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸🫸🤲🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸🫸🫸😵‍💫🫸🫸😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸🫸😺🤫😺🤫🤫
Dial has been refinished. Notched at the 3:00 position. Can just see some edge damage from the notching in second image
ii

Is there anything else that makes you think it’s been refinished apart from that notch?

It still looks perfectly original to me.

We need to put to rest this idea that if a dial has a notch in it, it means it has automatically been refinished. I've shown brand new dials with notches in them previously. I looked up the OP's case on the Omega Extranet, and found a dial - not the exact same dial but for the same case. Here's the image that Omega has of a brand new dial that is available to purchase:

The lighting has kind of blown out the exposure at 3 o'clock, but if you look closely, there's something there. A little lighting adjustment in photoshop and you can clearly see a notch at 3:

These are direct uploads to the site so hopefully people can download the photos if they wish and increase the size - the notch DOES NOT always indicate a redial, and unless there is other evidence that it is a redial, it's not correct to point out the notch and declare someone's dial has been reprinted.

We need to put to rest this idea that if a dial has a notch in it, it means it has automatically been refinished. I've shown brand new dials with notches in them previously. I looked up the OP's case on the Omega Extranet, and found a dial - not the exact same dial but for the same case. Here's the image that Omega has of a brand new dial that is available to purchase:

The lighting has kind of blown out the exposure at 3 o'clock, but if you look closely, there's something there. A little lighting adjustment in photoshop and you can clearly see a notch at 3:

These are direct uploads to the site so hopefully people can download the photos if they wish and increase the size - the notch DOES NOT always indicate a redial, and unless there is other evidence that it is a redial, it's not correct to point out the notch and declare someone's dial has been reprinted.
There’s a line running above the 5, 6 and 7 index. Dust and missing paint at the 58 minute mark. I would hardly call that brand new.

Doesn’t Omega refinish dials?

Why would the company that makes them notch them? You’ve never given a reason for doing so. How do you know your not just buying an Omega factory refinished dial they call NOS.

Most factories doing dials would have jigs for production. One dial for setting up the jigs and then dials run off in order to meet quotas.

Can’t sit there and slow pace one dial at a time. Some pad printers may have 5 jigs or more to mass produce dials

Something like this model with jigs. A dial company would have numbers of them. One test dial to set up the jigs and then production.

You have your opinion. I have mine.

Doesn’t Omega refinish dials?
Yes. But only if the dial is no longer available for sale. This one is still available from stock.

Why would the company that makes them notch them? You’ve never given a reason for doing so.
Why would a refinisher notch them? Why isn't every refinished dial notched? You've never given a reason for this.

You have your opinion. I have mine.
Correct.

The notch, we discuss here, could be made (on dials with circular brushing), as technological: noch can be used as main or additional catch to prevent dial rotation while brushing process.

I88i887i888iiiii😟😟😟😟😟:omegacat:🤨🤨🤨🤨:omegacat:🤨🤨:omegacat:🤨🤨:omegacat:😞😧😞🫸🫸🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸🫸🤲🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸🫸🫸😵‍💫🫸🫸😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸😵‍💫😵‍💫🫸🫸😺🤫😺🤫🤫
I’ll have what you’re having 🤔🤪
::rimshot::