Forums Latest Members
  1. Vaylalo Mar 24, 2019

Hello everyone,

Today I purchase a black dial military style vintage watch on a local fly market. I think that the piece is stunning and just cost me about US$40.
    The brand of the watch I never see it neither on the internet or in the wild. In fact I can't make the name of the brand from the dial. Here I attach some pictures.

DSCF1379.JPG
    DSCF1380.JPG

My best guess is the dial is branded "Lärkan-Fuverein". At the bottom, below the mark for 30 sec it says "swiss made" with no "T" on the sides. It can't be seen from the pictures, so please you have to just believe me. When I google "Lärkan-Fuverein" nothing relevant result from the search.

The movement look fine, but without branding or serial number.I look under the balance wheel and everywhere with a magnifier glass, but I couldn't find any mark. It seems that work fine, although it too soon to tell. Here are some pictures.

DSCF1370.JPG DSCF1371.JPG DSCF1367.JPG

Last picture it's a little blurry, I apologize for that.

The inside of the back have a what I think is a serial number and a "Swiss" inscription.

DSCF1368.JPG
    WhatsApp Image 2019-03-24 at 21.56.10.jpeg

I really like this watch. I notice that the second hand is very rusty (I plan to replace it). Additionally the lume for the hand is very bright although do no last very long. The numbers do not shine at all, but its looks like it have some sort of compound on them..

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-24 at 22.00.55.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-03-24 at 22.02.44.jpeg

I really like this watch and I plan to keep it. I just want to know a little more about it.
    Any one have any reference or experience for this watch or brand?
    Any information it is very much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  2. CaptainWinsor Mar 24, 2019

I believe it may be Suverein which may translate to sovereign in one of the Nordic languages

Vaylalo likes this.
  3. Canuck Mar 24, 2019

The movement appears to me to be an A SCHILD 1187. There were millions of this movement made over the years it was produced. Simple, reliable, tough, easy to repair, inexpensive, and the movement was used in a broad range of price categories, from cheap, to lower mid-range. The dial name doesn’t identify an actual watch maker, but likely a broker, distributor, wholesaler, or retailer. The name in any of its permutations doesn’t show up in Mikrolsk. In short, a generic watch assembled from off the shelf components.

Vaylalo and 77deluxe like this.
  4. bobbee Mar 25, 2019

Sarkan Suverein.
    Sarkan is a city in Iran, or a man's first name.
    Suverein is either 'sovereign' or a surname.
    Possibly a special order watch for someone with that name.

Vaylalo likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 25, 2019

Train bridge has a blank area for a company name (e.g.: XXXX WATCH Co.".
    Case is a generic model.

These watches were produced in their thousands and supplied to retailers, entrepreneurs, established watch companies.
    Trying to find the actual entity who issued this one will be difficult, if not impossible. Not all watch companies from that era kept records in the same way that Omega, Longines, Patek, Breguet etc did.

Vaylalo and Vitezi like this.
  6. Vaylalo Mar 25, 2019

Thanks everyone for reply.

I think that Canuck hit the nail right in the middle. More likely that the watch is either a special order for someone, as bobbee point it out, due the lack of branding in the movement and for the obscurity of the name on the dial it may be a especial order or it is a special brand from some wholesaler.

The movement is behaving very good so far, it feels smooth when winding and changing hour. Also keeps time in the order of +10 sec a day so far.

Thanks again guys, all your input it's greately appreciated.

Edited Mar 31, 2019