Universal Geneve Watches On Ebay

Posts
1,180
Likes
4,233
Hands and Breguet numerals
馃憥
What do you think is wrong with them?
 
Posts
2,609
Likes
7,269
Not being an expert the hands seem short and I have not seen many UG with the Breguet numerals.
 
Posts
1,180
Likes
4,233
Not being an expert
It's a quest for Non-experts 馃槈

In general, Breguet numerals on Compurs are legit:


As you can see, shape of minute and hour hand is also correct.

So what may cause the "shortness" of the minute hand?
 
Posts
477
Likes
489
So what may cause the "shortness" of the minute hand?
Redial. The first obvious telltale is the logo
 
Posts
6,842
Likes
10,656
Discuss what's wrong with it (apart from the price...)
That there are no movement pics nor from the inside of the caseback.
 
Posts
1,180
Likes
4,233
Subdials seem very wrong!
Exactly!
Not centered, wrong style.

But that's not all...
 
Posts
548
Likes
2,567

The auction just finished and this watch hammered at $17,350. I am keen to know what the Nina experts here think of this watch at that price.

I was watching from the sidelines and thought it interesting that the high bid didn鈥檛 move at all during last knockings. No late flurry, no sniping; nothing.
 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
477
Likes
489
But that's not all...
ouch, I missed the minutes not facing the correct way from 20 to 40
 
Posts
13,936
Likes
54,146
Redial. The first obvious telltale is the logo
BINGO! I stopped at the logo.
 
Posts
270
Likes
624
The auction just finished and this watch hammered at $17,350. I am keen to know what the Nina experts here think of this watch at that price.

I was watching from the sidelines and thought it interesting that the high bid didn鈥檛 move at all during last knockings. No late flurry, no sniping; nothing.
I was wondering the same thing. I guess the stakes were very high at 17K
 
Posts
3,687
Likes
8,498
The auction just finished and this watch hammered at $17,350. I am keen to know what the Nina experts here think of this watch at that price.

I was watching from the sidelines and thought it interesting that the high bid didn鈥檛 move at all during last knockings. No late flurry, no sniping; nothing.

higher than I thought it would go, especially after you factor in taxes. But looks like an honest example, and generally happy to see UG getting some love in the market.
 
Posts
35,665
Likes
39,905
Got this off eBay an Added it to the project list.
That is the most brilliantly ironic dial lol
 
Posts
6,842
Likes
10,656
Hell yes. Not that proof ::psy::