Forums Latest Members

SOLD Universal Geneve Polerouter Sub (Second Gen, Asymmetrical, Deco Font)

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 15, 2019

Up for sale is a very rare and somewhat under appreciated gem - the second generation UG Polerouter Sub. This is the most desirable version (in my experience), with asymmetrical case and deco numerals. I’ve truly enjoyed owning this watch for the last four years, but a big purchase is incoming and I need to free up funds. Overall, I think this the most compelling example to be sold in quite some time - see below for full condition report:

9-25-19-5.jpg

Dial: The dial on this Polerouter Sub is in great shape, with all lume present and matching with a perfect creamy color (somewhat rare in these watches). The lume dots at 10 and 11 have become slightly misshapen but are still in good (and original) shape overall. Dial has no damage or imperfections (anything shown is on the top of the plexy). Also, you have to love the double red logo and reference text, just a beautifully executed dial. Crystal is original to the watch, which is very rare, as it features an asymmetrical date magnifier on the inside of the crystal, and finding replacements is nearly impossible.

Hands: All hands are original. Lume in the seconds sweep hand is original, while the lume in the hour/minute hands was re-done by the prior owner. The shade is very close and it’s a good job by whoever previously carried it out.

Case / Bezel: Unique asymmetrical case is in great shape, with crisp facets and no signs of prior polishing. Serial and reference numbers are plainly visible on the caseback. Bezel is original and in good shape, but does not turn. I had hoped ABC would address this at service but it didn’t happen and I never inquired about fixing it.

Movement: Perhaps the most underrated part of the watch is its movement, which was in-house and featured a micro rotor and nice Geneva stripes. A high-grade movement that is far more advanced than other dive watch movements of its era. The watch was serviced in 2016 by ABC Watchwerks (prior to their split) and has functioned flawlessly since. Date changes crisply, the watch keeps good time, and the power reserve is among the longest of the watches in my collection. Fairly obvious, but it is no longer under warranty and is sold as-is. Shouldn’t present any servicing needs for another 3-5 years at a minimum though.

Accessories: Included with the watch is the original Gay Freres double-grain bracelet with original “UM” end links (another part that is nearly impossible to find for sale). Extra links that were removed will also be included. Additionally, an original advertisement for this exact reference will be sold with the watch.

My asking price is $8,000, which includes fully insured Fedex Priority shipping. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for the space. 9-25-19-1.jpg 9-25-19-3.jpg 9-25-19-4.jpg 9-25-19-5.jpg 9-25-19-6.jpg 9-25-19-7.jpg 9-25-19-8.jpg 9-25-19-9.jpg 9-25-19-10.jpg 9-25-19-11.jpg 9-25-19-12.jpg 9-25-19-13.jpg

2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 21, 2019

Bump

3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 25, 2019

Sold, thanks OF