Forums Latest Members

Universal geneve Polerouter Steel case with Deluxe marked gold dial?

1. pinwizzard Jul 24, 2019

Has anyone ever seen a Polerouter microroter in a stainless case with a dial marked deluxe? I thought the deluxe marked dials would be in a 18k solid gold case but I just saw a watch at an antique store with a stainless steel case and gold dial marked deluxe. Like the dial in the picture but stainless case - stupid me forgot to take a picture of the watch, oops. Please let me know if you think it may be a franken watch, thanks for any help...

b557a35c-0fc1-466c-b75e-f28e66d8743b.jpg
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 24, 2019

Almost certainly a Franken. Those kind of gold dials were never, to my knowledge, used in other than gold cases, and that would include many different brands.

Larry S, CafeRacer, bubba48 and 2 others like this.
  3. bgrisso Jul 24, 2019

agreed. if you want to be 100,000% sure, you can get the ref number from the case (assuming it's still visible) and check what it's "supposed" to be

CafeRacer likes this.
  4. CafeRacer Jul 26, 2019

As above.
    De Luxe dialled models were always 18K gold cases.
    Ive occasionally seen loose movement/dial/hands or combinations pop up for sale, most likely because the case was melted down some time in the last 65 years for its gold value.
    In your case, someone probably just dropped one of these into a loose steel case.