Forums Latest Members

Universal Geneve Polerouter information for a beginner

1. Leftinthelurch Feb 11, 2016

Hello to all the universal geneve fans and experts! I was looking around the web and saw a Polerouter and I instantly fell in love. From the lugs to the two tone dial. I need some information to make a correct purchase, however. I have some pictures of the style that I liked.

What are the reference numbers and what calibre movement should they have? Do they come in both black and white dials? What are the things to look out for when looking for a correct piece?

The second one looks like a redial and also looks like it has a wrong crown.

image.png image.png
  2. Severin Feb 11, 2016

I myself am a Polerouter fan and novice and can tell you from experience, albeit brief, that you've come to the right place - there is so much good information on this forum and so many knowledgeable folk. My advice would be to be patient (I know it's easier said than done) and do your research. A very good place to start would be to read all the threads/as many as you can on this UG subforum. The Polerouter world is full of idiosyncrasies that make it very fun and perhaps a little baffling - it's all part of the charm, in my view and much of it is about self-discovery and learning from others.
    Stick around, look around and avoid clicking "buy now" for the time being - you'll thank yourself. I appreciate my reply might be too vague for your immediate purposes, but I hope you will consider it. Looking forward to hearing more from you over the course of your journey. All the best.

3. Dre Feb 12, 2016

4. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Feb 13, 2016

5. marco Feb 14, 2016

I totally agree , these experts have saved me from buying pieces that were "wrong" & incorrectly presented by supposedly legitimate "should know better" dealers.
    In the UG world trust no one, unless they are known on this forum.

6. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Feb 14, 2016

Careful with chrono 24 I am in middle of a despute with one of there trusted sellers
    Google reviews of chrono24

7. AndreaGentili Mar 4, 2020

I have been tried to contact polerouter.de but with no sucess: all the hyperlinked email addresses in the different pages do not work for me. Do you know how to reach the person behind this great website by any chance? Thank you

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 4, 2020

That site has been inactive for at least 5 years.

It’s there, the historical information is good as are the advertisements, but I’m afraid the owner of the site has moved on.

Hopefully, they are still living. I have my doubts on that unfortunately.
    gatorcpa

9. rustynuts Mar 4, 2020

ryanbk likes this.
  10. AndreaGentili Mar 7, 2020

Many Thanks! Confirms what I suspected -unfortunately